Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
When Katherine Jenkins started on the duet I thought ` oh hell, she`s blown it for him`. What a dreadful version she made it sound, mind you I`m biased because I can`t stand the way she sings, her pronunciation is forced / false and too gutteral to me, and no matter how much voice coaching she has had she will never sound like a `natural` opera singer imo.
Would have been far better for him to have sung The Prayer as a duet with contemporary singer, as already established opera stars have done, [ Russell Watson with Lulu and Andrea Bocelli with Celine Dion being notable examples ].

I`d love him to do a version of The Impossible Dream, [ Elvis song ], I think he would do an incredible job of that one
Oh yeah that would be great! katherine Jenkins did blow it Big time never heard so much warbling (well apart from my eldest practising for the school xmas play! )
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Oh yeah that would be great! katherine Jenkins did blow it Big time never heard so much warbling (well apart from my eldest practising for the school xmas play! )

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 WMSL.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 09:01 AM
i didn't really care who won as long as it wasn't same difference

they only live a mile away and we have already had them ramed down our throats for weeks
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 07:35 AM
there is definatley something fishy going on as My aunt phoned 6 times to vote for Rhydian and everytime she couldn't get through to vote got an engaged tone??!! wonder how many voters did that happen too??
You may well be right

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...xfactor117.xml
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
When Katherine Jenkins started on the duet I thought ` oh hell, she`s blown it for him`. What a dreadful version she made it sound, mind you I`m biased because I can`t stand the way she sings, her pronunciation is forced / false and too gutteral to me, and no matter how much voice coaching she has had she will never sound like a `natural` opera singer imo.
Would have been far better for him to have sung The Prayer as a duet with contemporary singer, as already established opera stars have done, [ Russell Watson with Lulu and Andrea Bocelli with Celine Dion being notable examples ].

I`d love him to do a version of The Impossible Dream, [ Elvis song ], I think he would do an incredible job of that one
I completely agree with you, I can't stand Katherine Jenkins voice either, I also thought Celin Dion would have been brilliant singing a duet with Rhydian, especially "The Prayer" like you said. He needed someone to harmonise with him not warble over him! Still, thats just my opinion.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
You may well be right

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...xfactor117.xml

ohh thanks and funny again another lady told me toay he rang several times for rhydian an got an engaged tone!

neither of the people i know who rang are with BT not virgin media!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 07:35 AM
The amount of complaints have shot up to 1,500

http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...AC7FztQVDCIbmw
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
The amount of complaints have shot up to 1,500

http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...AC7FztQVDCIbmw
thanks my aunt said she is writing to complain also.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I really don't rate the single at all and wouldn't buy it! It was obviously such a hit for mariah and whitney that i don't even remember it
It was the theme tune to the animated film 'Prince of Egypt' a fair few years ago now.

It was released (I've got the evidence!!!), however, it was not a good song, and never really made it in the charts.

Regarding X-Factor, I truly feel the show should have been retired last year after Leona won. They will never, ever find another talent to match hers, so should've called it a day.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2007, 02:17 AM

how did this guy not win??
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >