Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Keena & Takoda :: Northern Inuit Dogs love snow

Here are some pictures of Keena and Takoda in the very (irritatingly) small amount of snow we had last week. They were in the back yard and I took the pictures through the kitchen window, mostly on full zoom which affected the quality a bit but on some of them you wouldn't know

Takoda found out it was snowing first...I had let him out to do his thing for a while and wasn't really taking any notice then an hour or so later there is a little pawing at the backdoor - they like to check on me every so often - so I opened the door and there was Kody covered in snow with buffont style fur (he puffs up when his fur gets wet!) He came in for a play then I took these later when he went back out.

eyes open this time!

Love his little eyes

He loves to just stand sniffing the air

must have needed to go pee in this one

When Keena first realised there was snow she rolled her self all over in it and then layed in it for a long while.

Aw bless her

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-02-2007, 01:21 PM
count yourself lucky you got Some Snow
I am sure they have grown again, they seem a lot bulkier than before, but maybe that is their winter coats or something?
they look brilliant - as always
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
what stunning dogs

nice photos!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Gorgeous pictures Beautiful dogs x
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow stunning, they look so at home
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Fantastic pics.. he looks awsome
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
they seem a lot bulkier than before, but maybe that is their winter coats or something?
As he had dried off a bit Kody hasn't got his biggest 'buffont' going on in these pictures or I would say your right becuase his fur can really puff out in the damp .

Keena (fat girl now being one of her nicknames!) has actually hit 35kg She isn't fat at all - but it's funny to call her that as she was always my little skinny girl! She will be 3 in march so I think she has finally matured to her final size.

The boy just seems to look bigger and bigger all the time yet he actually hasn't gained any weight in a while. He has been 95lbs (42 - 43kg) for a while now - fat girl is closing the gap! It is suprising he is only 8 or so kg heavier than Keena because he is huge next to her. But no doubt in about a yrs time he will reach his final weight and open that gap back up again. Thing is he is so lean under that fur - much more ribby and spiney than Keena so I'm thinking he could easily top 100lbs when he is done fully maturing - very athletic when you think of it though for a dog 28 to 29" tall (that's what I like about these type of dogs)
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Stunning pics, loved looking at them they look so happy in the snow and they are a beautiful pair of babes :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
lovely pics of your 2 gorgeous doglets
I love the pic of Takoda's eyes , I can never get a pic like that of Kira's eyes she always moves
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, what can I say.........GORGEOUS!! Its nice to see them so relaxed in the snow....bless.......
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >