Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
lots of thanks...I am now safe and secure. It has already blocked 2 attempts from somebody to get in in the first few minutes!!!
Yes it did that with me when I first installed it funnily enough although it hasn't said it has blocked anybody recently
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I never realised at all though that I didn't have this, I really and truly thought I was safe with adaware and spybot - doh!!!!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 11:13 AM
A very interesting post. I'm one of those many computer dumbo's, can use one well just about but know nothing of the workings.

I am so paranoid of getting a virus as I did on my laptop and it died. I have recently bought a desktop, I probably have gone overboard on protection so would anyone be so kind as to tell me if I have to much or not enough - dont really know what does what.

I have the following -

Kaspersky Abti-virus 6.0
Mozilla Firefox
Windows Defender
Webroot
AVG Free Edition
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2006, 11:21 AM
You have two anti-virus applications:

Kasperspy and AVG

You can often get misreadings and/or other issues when you run multiple anti-virus applications. You're also using two segments of memory up, when you could be using one, thus freeing more up for other applications.

So I would pick my favourite of the two and uninstall the other. Other than that, you're good to go.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
You have two anti-virus applications:

Kasperspy and AVG

You can often get misreadings and/or other issues when you run multiple anti-virus applications. You're also using two segments of memory up, when you could be using one, thus freeing more up for other applications.

So I would pick my favourite of the two and uninstall the other. Other than that, you're good to go.
Oooh - Thanks GSD Lover, I shall delete one now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2