View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Malka, how does that camera operate? If I turn out to not like this one, I might order that one after returning it. It's only about $15 more than the one I got. Is it a rechargeable built in battery, or do you have to get like individual manually installed ones?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Malka, how does that camera operate? If I turn out to not like this one, I might order that one after returning it. It's only about $15 more than the one I got. Is it a rechargeable built in battery, or do you have to get like individual manually installed ones?
The camera is not rechargeable but takes three AA batteries, which seem to last for ages, especially if I do not use the flash. I use rechargeable batteries though although I always keep regular batteries as well.

This camera was in my price range, it had good reviews, and did all I needed a camera to do. One of these days I will learn all it does as at the moment I just point and shoot and hope for the best!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Thank you, Malka. I meant to thank you for linking me to it a few days ago, as well. I forgot, I'm sorry. I always try to remember to say thank you.

I think the one I got takes 4 AA batteries, and I'll be using rechargeables, too. The Canon you bought is about $111 and the one I got was $94 so very close in price.

Yours is "prettier" than the chunky, black one I ordered... but if this one suits my needs, then I'm all set! Been looking at camera cases for it, as well. Do you have one? If so, what kind?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I bought a cheapo carrying case for $8.92 [free postage] from DX THIS ONE.

It would hold a larger camera but suits me fine as there is room for spare batteries plus a spare card [not that I need it] and the front pocket holds the cable for the computer.

The only snag is that mail from China can take ages to arrive, but at prices like that I do not mind waiting!

My camera is not a little pocket one but is a nice size for me to hold without being too big or too heavy, and I just hang the bag round my neck when I remember to take it with me on our outings round the Moshav.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm worried my new camera is too bulky for that bag. Good price, though. You're right. I'm patient, I can wait on it... no biggie. My camera comes with a lens cap, but admittedly... the reviews about it not fitting well are true, so am looking for a case ASAP.

Do you think THIS camera would fit?

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/84/69/51...55_500X500.jpg

It's a really bulky camera... not a more dainty cute camera like yours so I'm really not sure!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Myra, THIS ONE at $12.18 should definitely be big enough for your new camera.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Malka. Will get one soon. The lens cap keeps falling off, like they said it does.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Tang;2813522]The thing is Rosebud - the OP (Myra) wants OPINIONS. And everyone's opinion is valuable. Just because you were happy with your Vivitar, doesn't mean everyone who had one was!

And the OP herself has had one! It is her you are responding to! You might not AGREE with what she thinks about them, but her opinion of them is as valid as yours.

Her thinking they are crap is not a personal attack on you. It is her opinion. If she thinks Vivitar are garbage because she has owned one herself - that's perfectly valid.

Perhaps you would care to read some third party opinions about Vivitar (which you can find if you google for Reviews of Vivitar Cameras) on any photography interest forum.

jeepers what a rant! you do go on sometimes Tang!
totally inappropriate here and cross eyed even trying to read it.
no need for any of this so why so wired...parts are offensive in that you ridicule and belittle me. unacceptable; doesn;t impress my young friend .

my ,easyshare lasted years than got soaked when the house i was in flooded. loved it loved the software.

similarly the new one.grand so ! will be using it tonight at the first communion and i know the photos will be perfect.

although even e 40 is too much for me to pay and lived on free bread that week, literally.

not interested in forums etc; i have to go for the cheapest or folk passing on their rejects; that is how i got this simple laptop. it works. better than wasting perfectl;y good cameras.

the vivitar is perfect but then i am a simple old soul asking very little of life as i near the end.

words like garbage, crap i find deeply offensive in
any context

so i shall revert to a place of verbal safety and purity and leave you richer folk to .....

i am not returning, to be thus scorned so please dont talk about me behind my back

bye bye!!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Wait!! Don't go, Rosebud! You'll find that even though some members rub you the wrong way, there are always people here who care and truly want to see your responses and whatnot. I don't want you to go, I share many of your views, and also have just a lot in common with you.

I didn't mean to offend you with saying the camera was "garbage". To me, mine is pure garbage... but it's wrong to imply all products made by them are garbage because clearly you do not think so.

P.S.
I'm totally not rich (pretty much just POOR) and I didn't try to make you feel bad. I will NOT speak for Tang, because if she wishes to say something... I am sure that she will, but I hope you change your mind and stay. You won't regret it, I didn't.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3