Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 08:17 PM

Board with her bowl! :-)

Has anyone else experienced this before?

A has been off her food since Tuesday. Usually she eats it all no problem. But she's been really not interested lately.

OH said had I washed her bowl recently and I realised I hadn't. So we gave her bowl a good scrubbing out and tried again this afternoon. Still not interested.

We went to PAH to get tripe and I bought the dogs a toy called a Grass Ball. It's a hollow black ball with two holes at either end and some green spiky bits on it.

I decided on a whim to put some of A's food in the ball and she ate it all (took her a while to figure out how to get to it). Then I put the rest in her Kong and she scoffed the lot!

Bryan went through a similar phase before we started feeding him raw. He would only eat his food out of a treat ball or a Kong.

It's made my opinion even stronger that dried food is just BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRING!

I wish I could feed A raw, but as she's a foster I can't. So I'm going to have to get imaginative and keep her interested. Tomorrow I'll mix a little tripe in her food and put it in her Kong.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Yes, I`ve found with a picky feeder that presentation makes a difference - especially if I put it on one of my dinner plates cos then they think they`re getting my dinner!
Daisy still turns her nose up occasionally but I chuck a bit of cheese or liver in with it and that starts her off. Have you tried Arden Grange?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 05:47 PM
That's what she's on - lamb and rice Arden Grange.

The clean bowl and the addition of some raw tripe seems to have helped her appetite
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:39 PM
glad it worked ,my two allways like you say scoff it soon as it arrives ,willow howls and lets a funny bark noise ,when food arrives ,but both were leaving there food ,we had got near the end of the food ,so we did wonder if it had gone off ,so we threw it away ,got a new large sack ,and they scoffed it soon as it arrived ... who knows hey dogs mine love the kongs
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Today she's had some raw pigs heart plus the blood that was left over from Bryan's food. She's eaten nearly a whole days worth in one go.

I've mixed a tiny bit of cabbage in to the bit that's left and I'll give her it after the afternoon walk.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Today she's had some raw pigs heart plus the blood that was left over from Bryan's food. She's eaten nearly a whole days worth in one go.

I've mixed a tiny bit of cabbage in to the bit that's left and I'll give her it after the afternoon walk.
I wouldn`t stand downwind of her this evening then.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 04:27 PM
LMAO we don't stand downwind of her on any evening....she's a staffy!!!!!