Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 09:36 AM

Frisky Friday 17th December 2021

Yep frisky because the sun is up and the cats are frisking around outside when I went for my walk along a lovely sunny beach. Hope everyone else has a frisky Friday. Moyra hope you are feeling better now. I believe if the memory serves me correctly you have been in hospital? Hope all is well now. Hope everyone else is getting sorted with all manner of things. Byee!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 10:35 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

What sun Brenda. Pleased you enjoyed your walk

Hopefully the engineer will be back with the right part Chris and everyone will have a warm flat

Have done a bit of gardening this morning. Barry blows the leaves off the grass but doesn't do such a good job round the flower beds. Never mind outside the kitchen windows the beds now look tidy just the rest of the garden to do but no hurry. Off this afternoon to take the girls to a carol concert at their new school which will be held in the open on their field. Warm coat needed then!

I was meant to take Teazle for her booster on Monday but that has been cancelled as the practice is closed due to covid. They seem unable to get locum vets as vets are in very short supply. The have put me on the priority list as her 3 months grace runs out at the beginning of January.

Hope all are well. Keep safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 10:56 AM
Morning all
Sue, there was a shortage of booster jabs too, we only just made Kota's.... our practice has been open for ages, initially car park consultations and then it's one inside with a mask unless it's PTS when it's 2 people allowed. Hope you enjoy the carol concert...I think there's something up with me as I can't abide kids singing lol.
Brenda, yes .....please don't try to let it bother you, you have worked hard to start a new life for yourself and were doing great
Steve had his booster yesterday...he is fine just tired but that could be work catching up with him. He is having bother with noise from one side, he now spends 6 Days at home and the noise of the woman shouting at the grand children and then her mouthy son and Dil screaming and shouting is getting a bit much, I don't think anyone should refer to a young child as a c*nt but apparently they find it acceptable. He told the son he would knock him out before ( and believe me...he will) and I can see it all coming to a head. I think there's something very amiss, none of them work but get taxis everywhere and there's just constant streams of takeaway food being delivered, the woman lives there herself and then the son, Dil and kids turn up pretty much every day now and one of the children who is about 7 doesn't go to school at all....he is having no education and he isn't home educated....I feel so sorry for him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2021, 04:39 PM
Afternoon everyone so far from a very foggy Fens.
Bit stressful driving over to Beht's this morning. As if they haven't had enough with this burglary she got a call while I was there from one of her sisters, her mumhas been rushed into hospital, bleeding profusely from her bottom.
Beth was meant to be picking her up tomorrow for Christmas, before leaving her and her sisters were having a meal together as it her mum's Birthday and one of her sisters.
They still live in Whitehaven.
So Beth is now waiting for news she will be going up tomorrow anyway.
Dillon has had a rough day his front legs looked so stiff this morning and while I was out he needed help on the sofa and again when i got in, he has bad indigestion, got that sorted and he wanted to for the first time in months get on the spare bed again needing help. He wanted me to be with him and stroke him and he seemed to have trouble getting his neck comfortable.
I have sat with him crying and stroking him. His 2.30 pm pardale and gabapentin usually send him off to sleep but not today.
i think we are at that point of thinking of having to let him go.
We have always said rather a day to soon than to late and we're finding it hard to come to terms with it but we both feel the pain is becoming to much now.

Hope you enjoyed the carol concert Sue and didn't get to cold.
Oh dear griff not good having neighbours like that.

Hope you are all safe and well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Lynn my heart goes out to you. Huge hugs xx maybe it is haemorrhoids?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 05:52 PM
Lynn, firstly I hope Beth's mum will be o.k ( my nan and her brothers and sisters are from Whitehaven...cleator moor) secondly, it's an awful decision to have to make but you are right....better a day to soon....huge hugs to you and Gorden and a gentle squish for Dillon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2021, 06:06 PM
Thank you brenda and griff, firstly Beth's mum it looked like a massacre apparently now that happened to my mum and it turned out to be an ulcer that had burst so gave Beth a little hope. Her mum has breast cancer and is almost blind and the thought she had to go on her own to hospitaal was very upsetting for them all.

Dillon has eventually settled 1.5 hours after the pills that usually settle him for the afternoon, he has eaten some tea, lays down now to get the treats out of his Kong wobble, did not eat his lily woofbrush after lunch very unusual.
When Gorden came him I told him about our afternoon and he said he was thinking the same earlier that we were nearing the end.
Have rung the vets waiting for a call back might not be tonight from Katherine head vet and who owns the practice and has known Dillon since he was 2 and we moved this way and who mostly see's him but hasn't for the last two appointments will have a chat with her and go from there.

He hates being brushed now as he is so sore something he loved. Even with all the painkillers it is a devil of a job to get him looking halfway respectable now.
As always guilt is kicking in am I thinking it's the right time ? Should I give him longer but deep down I know by next week things will not improve only get worse so do we consider doing this now before he really cannot bear the pain ?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 06:21 PM
The simple answer Lynn is you know what is the correct thing to do. It is such a hard decision but huge hugs and as said my heart goes out to you. Xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2021, 06:24 PM
Thank you brenda this is the part i dread and wondering if I am doing the right thing at the right time.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 07:15 PM
Oh Lynn my heart goes out to you and poor Dillon. He has had a good life and some wonderful memories for you. I know you will do what is best for him. It is a year New Year since I lost my darling Amber.

Brenda, I am afraid I am suffering from Heart failure and have been in and out of hospital for the last week. I have had two days of blood transfusions and then more of two iron infusions. I am due in again on Christmas Eve to undergo an echocardiogram. I am just praying it will be a camera to my chest and not a camera down the throat way.

I am not bothering with decorations or anything this Christmas, just a turkey dinner. I do not think Steve is too bothered either. I hope you all have a good time. God bless you all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >