View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2013, 07:17 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

I have done a smiley too today I think it helped yesterday didn't it ?

We have no snow here at the moment and not sure how cold it is yet as I am still tucked up in the warm and intend to stay that way as long as is possible.
We do have snow forecast for later today and tomorrow. If I didn't have Dillon I would hibernate.

On to the serious stuff now.
Good luck today Lorraine.
June hoping the babies are doing well and that if the people having Che come to visit they are not to much of a trial.
Jenny I hope Pepsi is well today.
Chris I hope that Rosie soon gets well and that not walking her today helps the situation and gives you and the vet some clues as to how to help her.
Sally that the snow doesn't disrupt Jimmi and his paws too much.
JennyG. That Rucksack and Flash's tummies are better today.
Helena that Zena's poo's are firm today and that Dave is not to down.
Malka hoping you are on the mend too.
Anyone else feeling unwell human or pet get well soon.
Still no news from Rose.

Thoughts to those caught up in and the families of the dreadful situation in Algeria.

Just let Dillon out and it is a bit warmer that doesn't bode well it usually means it is warming up for snow.
All of those with snow already stay warm and safe.
If you haven't got it yet lets hope it bypasses and if it doesn't stay safe and warm too.

Not much on here today just the usual walks and housework. Off to feed the big boy and do Gorden's breakfast and lunch as he is in the local school again today.

Remember stay safe and warm.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I think we should always start the day off with a smile!

I also hope that all sick doggies are improving, OH's are in better spirits.

It is cold here and has started to snow, it's very fine but coming down heavier than it was. The school on our estate is closed today as we get cut off very easily. I am worried about the cat at work as I doubt I will be able to reach him today, will have to try and find someone closer to feed him. I had already planned to take today off so that was ok.

I have my Kindle fire, I am still finding my way around but liking it so far, very easy to set up and can already access my emails. I think it's shocking that it doesn't come with a charger or any protection for the screen. I have even found out how to make it read the texts out loud, could be useful in a powercut!

I hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Good morning Lynn and fellow members,

No snow here yet and I'd be quite happy if it missed us. Dogs with long hair and snow doesn't mix brilliantly due to the 'snow-build-up on their legs .

I was woken at 06.30 with Rucksack asking to go out, which of course, resulted in me grabbing some clothes, rushing into the kitchen and out into the garden. Both went, but all appeared normal. However, Rucksack was more keen on eating grass The good news is they then both came in had half of their breakfast and both are back asleep now.

I hope all the poorly dogs and members have improved this morning.

Stay safe in any snow you have.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm a bit concerned for my son he has gone to work in Exeter. Although the snow is thick and fast here it is very wet and not laying. I have looked at the online travel reports and the main road to Exeter is partially closed by snow and broken down vehicles everywhere Bet he will be back home soon.
I echo what has been said before, I hope all 4 and 2 legged friends are well today.
Pepsi seems fine.... she is still in bed asleep so I'm not entirely sure
I'm going to watch the snow now, I will be back later
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 07:53 AM
I hope your son returns soon Jen, it's going to be chaos out there later.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Dogsey

The gang are loving the snow which is with us and nicely settled Mojo had to have a warm winter coat though as the cold made her miserable.... now she is happy

Sorry Im behind with the times.....so to all those humans and doggies that are not well..... positive vibes from us here
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry, Jenny, Jennyg and all

Glad to hear all seems well so far today, and no snow for us as of yet but I know it's coming.

Chris I hope you've had a good night with Rosie and that she's a lot better this morning. June I hope all is well when you come down to the babies this morning, and don't fall over all those bits of carboard lying about Jennyg I'm glad to hear those boys seem ok now. Jenny I hope Pepsi will be ok too when she wakes up. I can't understand why the tip of the West Country will have rain whereas the rest of us will get it as snow, cos in theory, by the time it gets here it should have warmed up being daylight Hey ho, you're better off with rain I suppose and I hope your Son gets home safely, no doubt you can ring him? It couldn't have come at a better time for us if it's coming, cos Dave is safely home and won't be going anywhere till Tuesday by which time I hope it's gone.

We'll have to get out skates on and get down the beach before it arrives. I do understand why they close the schools because of them not being able to get back home, but how come we had to go to school in the snow donkeys years ago, cos I remember walking through it

Stay safe everyone, it sounds pretty bad doesn't it, but it'll be interesting to hear how much you all have by the end of the day. If you can get to work, it's the getting back that you've got to worry about so stay safe.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Good morning all
Hooch is sulking, he wants to know where his snow went. He was doing zoomies in the snow at midnight in the garden, he was one happy boy, he went to the back door this morning looked out and then looked at me with a *where's the snow gone mum* bless him.
Healing (((vibes))))) hugs and cuddles to all that need them.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I hope your son returns soon Jen, it's going to be chaos out there later.
I've just rung him and they are stationery in traffic because of a fallen tree!!!!

Lol at Hooch!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

We have snow and lots of it School closed and colleges.And it's still snowing!Also had a power cut at 8am this morning.
Got up at 3 to visit the bathroom and went downstairs to check on O/H & make sure he didn't need anything,he was wide awake and asked for some pain killers and went to sleep about 30 mins later
He currently has a bed made up on the sofa and will be staying there for a while until he feels he can manage the stairs.

Nothing much planned for today, apart from popping to the shop,a quiet day would be lovely
Have a good day all and for those of us with snow stay safe xx
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »