Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by snoops View Post
a bit lahlah, great come back, as i said he's doing his best for the dogs, law wrong, ud need to come up with something betr than lah lah
Hi Snoops, can you please repost the above post so that it is legible? I am afraid it doesn't make a lot of sense to some of us. Thank you .
snoops
New Member!
Male 

09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
roger would never save a dog for it to go into a fighting pit. i believe uspca were very selective in footage shown, they seem to have there hearts set on putting every typey dog put to sleep in n.ireland irrespective of it being dangerous or not, roger has helped alot of people dogs over here, they would do anything to discredit him
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2007, 10:56 AM
But long term is he not doing his reputation and the dogs a disservice by claiming some dogs are somthing they aren't? Plus creating more confusion as to what consitutes a pitbull and what isn't?

I feel that now people won't listen to such "experts" words and more dogs are likely to be put down if their breeding is in doubt.

Pitbulls are a banned breed wether we like it or not; this isn't the way to change that law or prevent other breeds coming under it.
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-12-2007, 07:25 PM
i still have respect for the guy, after all he's only doing his best for dogs he believes not to be dangerous, it's the law dats flawed

Are you really serious. This is a guy who will stand in court and tell a judge the dogs not a pit bull when it is. Contempt of court i think it is called.

He is also defending other dogs belonging to a well know dog fighters in Northern Ireland, This person was convicted of murder and released under the good friday agreement. Mugford is a disgrace to the dog world.Why is he doing it, Legal Aid. Does anyone know what his qualification of PHD animal aggression was studied on in 1977 at the University of Hull. Aggression in mice. Yes mice, some differance in a mouse that a pit bull. I was so disgusted with what he did i copied the programme onto discs and sent ot to every place that i found out he had talked at. Plus wait for it, the Royal Courts of Justice and DEFRA,Police headquaters in England, lets see him defend dog fighters now.
EGAR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Well done., care to give us names? Or introduce yourself?
snoops
New Member!
Male 

17-12-2007, 02:02 AM
dont be a silly, making crazy suggestions such as that, who has he ever defended known to be a dog fighter??
Just cos sum1 was released on good friday agreement it makes them a dog fighter does it?
it's crazy to think that banning a breed is going to stop dog fighting, if anything the uk's own 91 ban proves that hasnt worked, it's family pets that are suffering, not fightig gangs.. and particularly in n.ireland bcos of lack of 97 amendment to allow pitbull types deemed not dangerous to be allowed to live as long as neut, chipped, registured, insured etc. as in england
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by snoops View Post
dont be a silly, making crazy suggestions such as that, who has he ever defended known to be a dog fighter??
Just cos sum1 was released on good friday agreement it makes them a dog fighter does it?
it's crazy to think that banning a breed is going to stop dog fighting, if anything the uk's own 91 ban proves that hasnt worked, it's family pets that are suffering, not fightig gangs.. and particularly in n.ireland bcos of lack of 97 amendment to allow pitbull types deemed not dangerous to be allowed to live as long as neut, chipped, registured, insured etc. as in england

Dont be silly, i sat in Newtownards court house and listened to him call a pit bull an irish staffordshire bull terrier. Need i say any more.
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by EGAR View Post
Well done., care to give us names? Or introduce yourself?

Newal, Newtownards, Boyd, Devock, Ballymoney.
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
so if rodger hadn,t stood up for the dog,would nipper be here today ???or would he be on death row.
if its taken a lie to save that dogs life,well im all for it.
Your not serious when you want somone to lie in court.

The DDA Act is wrong there is no doubt about that. But because you get people like Mugford willing to defend dog fighters to make money,after all was it not him that went on the David Dunseath radio programme and said i quote "get legal aid and i will defend you" why would the government even think of changing it when scum like this are on the earth. PHD in animal aggression in mice, bloody joke. I used to have some respect for him but now i would not wipe dog **** off my boots on him

I dont know the story about nipper but he did not ask to be breed into the fighting world. Any fighting pit bull will make a good companion. The problem is when you get someone defending the fighters behind closed doors.

Good luck with nipper, deserves the rest of his life away from the scum of fighters
celt
New Member!
Male 

12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I feel that Roger Mugford has lost any credibility that he may have had in the dog world, to knowingly lie as he agreed to do will do nothing to aid suspect dogs in future.
There is little doubt that the prosecution in any case where Mr Mugford will be appearing as an expert for the defence will now question his integrity and rightly so.
As for the statement that he has done a lot to help otherwise doomed dogs I feel that it must be remembered that this is done at a handsome fee which invariably comes from the national purse.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »