Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Computer probs?

well just in the last few days i have been having quite abit of trouble with my computer!
Firstly in posts i make on Dw i cant use the smilies all the time, just on some posts! the ones i cant use them on once i click on them shots me up to the top of the page so the smilies dont appear!
2nd problem- being i cant click on links people give me! it just wont let me! but i can make links still!
3rd problem! i dont seem to be receiving emails that i know ive been sent!
for example when in trying to put a video on dw, it says on the host once the video has been loaded to go to my email address and there will be an url address so i can put the video onto dw but no email is sent! it worked the first time i did a video so it probably not because im doing it wrong! so i cant put my video up
Does anyone have any ideas on whats going on? surely something is wrong with my com for it to be doing this? im no good on computers so an advice or help would be very much appreciated! thanks!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:42 PM
For the first problem, are you allowing the reply page to open completely before you try clicking on the smilies? While a page is opening, you'll find you can type in the reply box, but if you click on the smilies it will "reset" the page so you get 'shot' to the top of the page again.

Look down at the bottom left corner of your IE page - if a page is still downloading it will say "opening page" with an URL and it will also say how many items are "remaining" (i.e. downloading). Try waiting until it says "done" in the bottom left corner before clicking the smilies.

For the second problem, try right clicking on the link and asking it to open in a new window - if that works, let me know.

For the third problem, what email prog do you use?

Becs
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Becs and thanks for your help!
Prob 1- i alwalys wait until the page is fully open before i reply and let all items finish loading, thats why i dont get why i cant use them. But i have found that when i am opening pages it says error with this page at the bottom of the page, which prob has something to do with it?

Another thing has just popped into my head as well when im on the net a box pops up and says error and then completely goes of the net and then it asks if i want to send a error report to microsoft?

2nd prob i have just tried what you have said about opening a new window, still does not work

3rd prob im using BT yahoo mail
I really appreciate your help Becs thanks alot! see smilie worked then!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Hiya,

well at least the smilies are working sometimes. It's probably easier to go through this in 'real time', so if you're on msn or similar let me know and we can go through it - PM me your msn details and we can chat there. If we sort the problems, we can post the solution back on this thread so it might help others

Becs
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I suspect you need to clear some files.
Have you tried going to Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Delete files then Clear history
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hiya boi
I suspect you need to clear some files.
Have you tried going to Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Delete files then Clear history
Great mines think alike i just pm becs and said exactly the same i have loads of junk on my pc! thanks for your help!xx