Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:06 AM

Feeling guilty

Just arranged to go and see a puppy tomorrow and feeling incredibly guilty it may be too soon after Duncan But we need to help Mollie over this as she is fine out doors but mopes around inside looking so unhappy. She really needs a companion has never been on her own before. So this is the right thing to do but that guilt is spoiling the excitment of a new puppy a bit.

Not sure what anyone can say not really expecting an answer just needed to say it to someone ....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2013, 11:09 AM
I think it is the greatest compliment you can pay Duncan and his life with you.
Of course she needs company, and why on earth shouldn't you be looking for one for her. Dogs mourn the passing of a much loved companion just as we do and it will help her adjust and give her something to take her mind off it, as it will you.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Thank you that is what I needed to hear !
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:46 AM
When our old lad died suddenly we had the same situation with our youngster. He was lost, even had to hand feed him at first I made sure we met up with his doggy pals every day but he was obviously still lonely. After a year we got his litter brother & he was 6months old again
Good luck with the viewing tomorrow
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Don't feel guilty it is the right thing to do for your other dog who is obviously missing her pal. Hope you find just what you are looking for and she takes to him straight away. Good luck.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Julie why on earth should you feel guilty .

The moment I lose a dog I start the search for another. Humans company I can take or leave, dogs are a different matter and every day I am without a dog is a day wasted for me. Life is too short to be dog less. The same would apply if I was able to accommodate more than one dog .

I can never replace the dogs I have lost, they were all so different in character and irreplaceable but I know that I will quickly grow to love a new dog and it will be special too.

So don't feel guilty get searching
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Whe I lose a dog I too immediately want another . It is not to replace the one who has gone but it's because I love dogs and they are my whole life and without them I would have no reason to get up in the morning .
So don't feel guilty get out there and give a lucky dog a great home
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Thank you all I know in my head we are doing the right thing just my heart is so broken at the moment it's making it hard to think straight.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Oh my goodness we went to see her this afternoon, I think I am in love and I know my husband is

Such a tiny little girl but I am sure Mollie will love her too. Certainly keep her on her toes as she is quick moving when she gets going ! Been 12 years since we had a pup and 25 since we had a chihuahua pup so it's all a learning curve again !

Pick her up next weekend so be prepared for loads of pictures shortly after lol
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:54 PM
I am so pleased for you, I am sure Mollie will be smitten too. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of them both.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >