Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 05:28 AM

Good morning folks!

Morning all,

Friday at last, and I’m very happy to see it, I can tell you – phew!

Had a phone call from my GP last night – always a bad thing…… cholesterol is up and blood sugar level is not down. Apart from the odd cheat on the sugar side, I thought I was doing quite well. Even after I admitted the cheat, she said she wanted me to try insulin. Luckily, I’m not needle phobic……. just very depressed, now…… .

Anyhoo……….

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
A huge muscular man walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender hands him the beer and says "You know, I'm not gay but I want to compliment you on your physique, it really is phenomenal! I have a question though, why is your head so small?" The big guy nods slowly. He's obviously fielded this question many times. "One day," he begins, "I was hunting when I got lost in the woods. I heard someone crying for help and finally realized that it was coming from a frog sitting next to a stream. So I picked up the frog and it said "Kiss me and I will turn into a genie and grant you 3 wishes." So I looked around to make sure I was alone and gave the frog a kiss. POOF! The frog turned into a beautiful, voluptuous, naked woman. She said, "You now have 3 wishes." I looked down at my scrawny 115 pound body and said, "I want a body like Arnold Schwarzenneger." She nodded, whispered a spell, and POOF! there I was, so huge that I ripped out of my clothes and was standing there naked! She then asked, "What will be your second wish?" I looked hungrily at her beautiful body and replied, "I want to make sensuous love with you here by this stream." She nodded, laid down, and beckoned to me. "We then made love for hours!" Later, as we lay there next to each other, sweating from our glorious lovemaking, she whispered into my ear, "You know, you do have one more wish. What will it be?" I looked at her and replied, "How about a little head?"
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Cassie seems fine this morning after her fit last night so John will ring the vet as soon as they open. He's so calm and I'm so rubbish during a crisis! It's just so awful when you can't do anything to help
Sorry to hear the doc wants to start you on insulin Vicki, but if it helps, you need to give it a go hun. Supposed to be at a Halloween party tonight but don't know whether I'm up to it. May just come home and have a takeaway instead. Will wait and see how Cassie is later. Have a good Friday everyone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Cassie seems fine this morning after her fit last night so John will ring the vet as soon as they open. He's so calm and I'm so rubbish during a crisis! It's just so awful when you can't do anything to help
Sorry to hear the doc wants to start you on insulin Vicki, but if it helps, you need to give it a go hun. Supposed to be at a Halloween party tonight but don't know whether I'm up to it. May just come home and have a takeaway instead. Will wait and see how Cassie is later. Have a good Friday everyone.
Morning J *hugs* - not a good start to our Friday is it, mate? Still, no doubt you and I will just do what we have to do..... x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:56 AM
morning Vicki, morning all

sorry to hear you need insulin Vicki *hugs*
getting older ain't for sissies, is it?

got up this morning and tripped over a half eaten dentastix which some bouncy dog had left right in the way for me to play with. And I swear she was grinning..

have a great day everyone x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Morning J *hugs* - not a good start to our Friday is it, mate? Still, no doubt you and I will just do what we have to do..... x0x
No, not a good start mate. Yes, we'll both do what we have to. Dust yourself off and carry on. That's us isn't it? xxxxxJ
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Morning Vicki morning all

Aaawww babe . . . huge hugs from me, you'll be fine babe.

Tis a bit chilly here again today but heyho at least it is dry.

Have a good day everyone and be careful out there
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Morning Vicki - Morning All

Ken has a job still and has been paid - phew! But was a huge worry - Vicki and know you went through this so thanks for the support yesterday. But so many people lost their jobs yesterday and won't get paid - its awful and very badly managed.

Have GRRRREAT Fridays all.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all,

Sorry to hear about the insulin but it's a must if it helps.

I'm off to Derby today, another uni visit with my daughter. All I can say after 9 visits is that it is going to cost us big when she goes next year

Have a good Friday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.
Sorry to hear your news Vicki. (((Hugs))).Xx
at todays gem, have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Morning Vicki.
Sorry to hear about the Insulin, think Pat has been very lucky with the tablets and a very strict diet we have his under control....hope it stays like that

Halloween party tonight, so will be making my outfit today....photo's will follow xxxx

Hope you all have a great day.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >