View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Max always gets mistaken for a girl... even though he has a 'macho' black lead and collar with barbed wire print on it!! However, he is very thin and delicate, and so when he is next to Murphy, he does look like a wilting flower!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Just remembered...

I asked someone we were approaching on a walk a few weeks ago whether his dog was a boy or a girl (to know whether I could let Stumpy off as she isn't keen on other bitches) and his reply was...

'its been neutered, so it isn't either a boy or a girl'
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
'its been neutered, so it isn't either a boy or a girl'
That's a bit of a gem...

Molly must be quite lucky, people always seem to twig that she's a girl! I think it's either down to the fact that she's always doing something she shouldn't be so I'm constantly parroting her name (No Molly! Sit Molly! Don't eat that Molly!) or because she likes to roll around on her back with everything on display
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Trip...always HE!.....Poor girl - she will have a real identity crisis as in the recent film she did - her name was Winston
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 04:45 PM
My poor Buddy boy always gets called a girl
Especially when he has his long curly fur

Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Because Pepper is bigger than the boys people always assume she's a boy and the boys are girls! So that would make all bigger dogs boys and little dogs girls How's that work? And that's despite the fact that Enzo has a macho camouflage pattern harness.

J.
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Ooooh, Zara always gets reffered to as a 'he.' As people pass, she has been known to get 'hello mate!' 'hello tiger' 'hiya lad' etc etc. She currently wears a red collar & lead, but I would love to get her a pink set instead, but hubby and son won't hear of it!

I personally think it's a breed thing, rather than the individual dog. I find if it's small and cute looking, then people think it's a female, if it's large breed, it's a male.

ETA.

To be fair, she is quite butch looking:

big paul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Yep willow gets hello boy,or isn't He lovely even though she has a pink diamond collar,and wiggles her bum like a Right Tart
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:45 PM
My dog is fluffy. Most people have automatically assumed she's female (and she is). Though they might assume differently if they saw her lifting her leg to pee (well, really she balances it on the tree sometimes to pee).

WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Greg is on the small side and has been called a girl several times. Toby is often mistaken for a girl too - he is girly in nature though bless him!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >