View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Morgandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Thats good he should be in good hands then. Since replying to your post i have taken one of mine to the vets as she was loosing weight and lethargic i thought she might be pregnant but the loss of weight didnt seam right. He did a scan of her and there is something there but it was not showing up as a baby so he couldnt commit himself. He thinks it might be a lump so he has given her a multi vit and antibiotic to see if she will perk up. She is one of my youngest at about ten and a white too so i am not sure how its going to go. As i have said they dont fare well with operations especially at that age.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 04:06 PM
We have, of course, started 2006 the way we mean to continue... with a lot of trouble, sick animals, and horrendous vet bills.

Chilly went back to the vet today, and his results of his biopsy were back in. It's not Lymphoma or neoplasia of any kind. It's a Mycobacterial dermatits.The vet who did the sample, said that he has not diagnosed mycobacterial disease in chinchillas before, and a search proved that it was extremely rare. He is uncertain, therefore, as to the types of Mycobacteria that can occur in chinchillas. He suspects that, as in cats, any one of a number could be involved - inculding M. Lepraemurium, M. avium, M. bovis, M. Tuberculosis. Basically he told us that it could well be contagious to people and other mammals, and he said, in the kindest way possible, that although it may be treatable (highly unlikely due to a number of factors) it would be very expensive, is about 80% unlikely to work and could, in the mean time, spread to us and the other animals, and it may be kinder to all concerned to have Chilly PTS. He is also not looking great in himself, seems depressed, has very manky eyes and is losing uite a bit of weight.

Does anyone know anything about those bacteria mentioned? or any others that cats get? I need to learn as much as I can as quickly as possible, so that we can make the decision, though in my heart I know what must be done.

it's heartbreaking.

xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Horrid news Laura....and I thought 2006 would be kinder... Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 04:37 PM
It's all really bad, and bad enough... but karl's mother promised to pay the vet bills that came up, because we took the chins off her hands, but now she's decided she can't/won't/doesn't want to... so we have to find the cash... and our rent is due tomorrow... I just wish i knew what to do. meh - I think I'll become a 'lady of the town'

xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2