Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:15 PM

Pooping in the same spot every time...

Pooping in one place every time...

Henry is just turning 13 months. He's well 'potty trained' but he still poop's and wee's in one specific area when he does have accidents in the house....the top of the stairs.

I just can't understand why, just in that one particular spot? Is he marking his territory again and again every time i clean it up?
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm no expert but have you tried using biological wahing powder to clean up the accidents?
We used this with our pup (after reading recommendations from others on here) and it worked really well. Apparently it gets rid of the scent that can get left behind and stops them using it as a regular place.

Hope this helps
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, i always use a 'pet odour/pet accident' mousse spray specifically for little doggy accidents on carpet. It does clean it up well and has a nice scent to it, but, yeah i may try the washing powder idea...thanx for that...

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dreama1205 View Post
Pooping in one place every time...

Henry is just turning 13 months. He's well 'potty trained' but he still poop's and wee's in one specific area when he does have accidents in the house....the top of the stairs.

I just can't understand why, just in that one particular spot? Is he marking his territory again and again every time i clean it up?
Hi Dreama I would guess that Henry can smell a lingering scent in that one spot or simply got into the habit of going there .

Could you put a baby gate up to prevent Henry from reaching that spot ?

Also don't forget to continue to reinforce the wanted behaviour of Henry relieving himself outside by making it rewarding for him . This means going out with him occasionally/for a few days and praising him/giving the occasional treat when he relieves himself outside .
People often forget to do this once a young dog has become houstrained, training should be ongoing so a dog never forgets what is required