Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 12:44 PM

Puppy breeding in africa????

Not sure if this is in the correct place. someone emailed me 2 weeks ago about a pup i had from max's litter, anyway we sold her to someone else, but today this other person emailed me and said she was glad i had found the pup a home as they didnt want her and were having a puppy shipped from a breeding company in africa?????????? i dont know if im wrong but its not right imo i think its definately out of order, anyone have any advice/help???????? love rach xx. p.sp feeling a little better today and thank you all for all your support.
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi, does anyone have any advice/info/help at all on this matter??? id really appreciate other people's opinions???
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Not sure what you want advice on some breeders sell their pups all over the world.
This breeding company is it for dogs or other animals?
If this person sees fit to get their dog/bitch from them thats that their right isn't it because they would have to pay the shipping costs for the dog/bitch to get to them.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
when you say a breeing company do you mean a breeder over there is shipping a pup over here ?
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi what i mean is (and this is just going on what this person has told me)a puppy farm in africa, that is why i am worried, we are trying to stop them over here so surely it is a problem anywhere else i am worried as all these pups from puppy farm are usually unhealthy anyway(going by what i have read/heard) so if there is an unhealthy pup being shipped over here surely it is no good for the poor little mite????? my problem is not with the pup being shipped here(as long as it is done correctly) but with the puppy farm. I have emailed her and hopefully she will get back with the details???? sorry if i didnt make it clear earlier but i had just had a cry after reading all my replies about my max. love rach xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Why this person would want to import a puppy farm dog from SA is beyond me surely she could get a registered dog from the UK alot cheaper than funding these people and keeping them in that vile trade it needs to be wiped out what ever country it's in obviously this person is a few sandwitchs short of a picnic and not thinking of the puppy concerned.

You also need to be careful that your not being pulled into a scam they might ask you for your bank details to deposit monies into so you can sort out the carriage for your own piece of mind that the pup is ok and is going to be transported ok PLEASE DON'T give any info like that at all i know your having this pup but it's away that they could get bank details i have heard of it before.
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Hiya, PLEASE PLEASE dont think its me having the pup shipped, maybe i took it the wrong way leo but no its definately NOT me, for a start i have just lost a puppy of my own and am rather upset by it, i just want to know if there is anything i could do (i.e. i got a tortoise recently and i know that there is a thing called DEFRA that are trying to get the importing of torts banned etc). Thanks love rach xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I know it's not you having this pup shipped i also know of your rescent lose.

I don't think theres anything that you can do in this matter if the pup is transported correctly and not at risk then i don't think anyone can do anything about it reguardless if it's a puppy farm dog after all they only have your word that it is a puppy farm dog and no other proof hard to action on even then being from a puppy farm is no cause for it not to be shipped as long as it's done correctly.
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 03:19 PM
So is there nothing that can even be done about the puppy farm if i could get the details from her??? im really worried for the health of these animals and if i knew of any over here i would just know to call the rspca, do you think that is what i should do anyway????
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry Rach I really don't understand what you are saying ...

People often ship dogs abroad to introduce new bloodlines or to rescue dogs.. ..it is an extremely expensive option because on top of the travel cost there is quarantine for dogs coming from some countries like Africa ...the person must want the puppy really badly to pay all that.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >