Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aleandmauibaylor
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Roundworms in puppies

I have a 5 months old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy . He always suffers from roundworms , he has been dewormed twice in two months but it just keeps happening and it seems like I can’t get rid of them we took him to the vet yesterday and he was dewormed again and the vet told us to give him another pill in three weeks and everything’s gonna be alright but I am so concerned about him . Am I doing something wrong ? I have no other dogs and he’s mostly at home he never plays in the ground or mud . I don’t know what to do . We cleaned everything , the yard , all of his toys , his bed .he was having trouble breathing and the situation was really bad and even the vet was kinda puzzled when she found out . I am also very concerned because I read it could be dangerous for humans too . Of course he’s like our son and we’re always around him . Any advice ?
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Maybe your vet is not prescribing a strong enough dose. Have you any Idea what product your vet is giving your puppy?
aleandmauibaylor
New Member!
Female 

08-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Yes it’s called Canitel plus . The vet changed the dose because he weights more now . Let’s see how it goes ... he’s better but not 100% ok yet ... he still scratches his behind on the floor and whines .
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Have you actually seen worms or had a worm count done. He could be scratching and rubbing his bottom on the ground because of something else.
aleandmauibaylor
New Member!
Female 

12-01-2018, 06:32 AM
As of today he’s still scratching his bum and I think he pooped one and yeah I’m pretty sure it’s not something else . He’s gonna take another dose on Jan 26th
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Use safeguard every 2 weeks and it must be given 3 days in a row
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2018, 09:27 PM
I've never heard of Cantinel - do you mean Sentinel?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Call me thick ... but what has Canitel got to do with worms in dogs? Or am I being completely stupid and missing your point Trouble?? !!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2018, 10:53 PM
It's not my point as such but you said you'd never heard of it, nor had I but the OP is in Italy so they no doubt have different names for their products. I googled it and found this

CANITEL PLUS USES sponsored Is this medication very expensive? No Yes UsesDosageSide effectsPregnancyOverdoseActions Febantel (Canitel Plus) indications What is Praziquantel (Canitel Plus)? Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) indications How should I use Praziquantel (Canitel Plus)? Uses of Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) in details Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) description What is Pyrantel (Canitel Plus)? Pyrantel (Canitel Plus) indications How should I use Pyrantel (Canitel Plus)? Pyrantel (Canitel Plus) description List of Canitel Plus substitutes Canitel Plus reviews Consists of Febantel, Praziquantel, Pyrantel Febantel (Canitel Plus) indications An indication is a term used for the list of condition or symptom or illness for which the medicine is prescribed or used by the patient. For example, acetaminophen or paracetamol is used for fever by the patient, or the doctor prescribes it for a headache or body pains. Now fever, headache and body pains are the indications of paracetamol. A patient should be aware of the indications of medications used for common conditions because they can be taken over the counter in the pharmacy meaning without prescription by the Physician. sponsored Used for control of Gastro-intestinal roundworms including their larvae in Equine. Large Strongylus: (S. edentatus, S. vulgaris & S. Equinus) Small strongylusS. craterostomum, S. Cyathostomum & S. cylicocercuc & S. triodontophorus) Parascaris equorum. Dictyocaulus arnifildi What is Praziquantel (Canitel Plus)? Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) is used to treat infections caused by parasites such as liver flukes (worms) or schistosoma (blood fluke). These infections are also known as snail fever, schistosomiasis, or bilharziasis. Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) may also be used for other worm infections as determined by your doctor. However, it will not work for pinworms or other roundworms. Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) belongs to the family of medicines called anthelmintics. Anthelmintics are used in the treatment of worm infections. Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) works by causing severe spasms and paralysis of the worms' muscles. Some kinds of worms are then passed in the stool. However, you may not notice them since they are sometimes completely destroyed in the intestine. This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription. Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although these uses are not included in the product labeling, Praziquantel (Canitel Plus) is used in certain patients with the following medical conditions: Some kinds of fluke infections. Some kinds of tapeworm infections.
So yeah it is used to treat worms. How good it is ? is another matter.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >