Our sister sites
Our sister sites
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Burgess Supadog dry Food

Hi

I am interested to know what anyone thinks of Burgess Supadog dry food? Has anyone tried it or using it at the moment.

My JR is so fussy. On a regular basis he wont eat his breakfast or tea. At the moment he is on Burns Dry Food which i soak down & then add a little bit of Butchers Wet food to tempt him. However now he just picks the meat out & eats a little of the Burns. The other day i had a sample bag of Burgess Beef Dry which when added with water forms a gravy. Well..... as soon as i put it down he ate the lot (I thought great i have found a food he likes) I gave him the same in the morning he sniffed it & walked away.

Not sure if i am giving him to many choices? I just want to make sure he is getting a good diet.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Many thanks
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by freckles211 View Post
Hi

I am interested to know what anyone thinks of Burgess Supadog dry food? Has anyone tried it or using it at the moment.

My JR is so fussy. On a regular basis he wont eat his breakfast or tea. At the moment he is on Burns Dry Food which i soak down & then add a little bit of Butchers Wet food to tempt him. However now he just picks the meat out & eats a little of the Burns. The other day i had a sample bag of Burgess Beef Dry which when added with water forms a gravy. Well..... as soon as i put it down he ate the lot (I thought great i have found a food he likes) I gave him the same in the morning he sniffed it & walked away.

Not sure if i am giving him to many choices? I just want to make sure he is getting a good diet.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Many thanks
what is his weight,bodycondition and coat like?
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2011, 09:51 PM
His weight is 7.5-8Kg. His coat is nice & shiny. Fine overall really.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by freckles211 View Post
His weight is 7.5-8Kg. His coat is nice & shiny. Fine overall really.
then i wouldn't change

some dogs do not find food very high on their list of priorities,and the more concerned over it you get the more notorious they can get
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Not sure if i am giving him to many choices?

I am!

Relax, if he is fit and well you may be feeding him too much...........
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
[I]Relax, if he is fit and well you may be feeding him too much...........
I think you have a fair point there. A few years back Poppy was on JWB, after a few months she went off it, she'd sniff, walk away and not bother about her next meal either. Since she's been on a diet she polishes off her bowl at every meal. We've come to the conclusion that when we weren't weighing out her food and were just giving her what we thought she'd eat, we were actually giving her too much. Now, because she is fed less than the guidelines on the bag, and we actually weigh the food on the digital scales, she eats every meal. I think some dogs can become picky because they're not hungry and they get to know that if they walk away a couple of times they'll get the choice of something else later.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:29 AM
FWIW, I have a pig cleverly disguised as a dog (eat Lemons, and whole chillis) but if presented with a bowl of Burns, would not touch it!

Supadog (if I remember correctly) has an awful lot of sugars and colours. So I would not feed this
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:45 AM
I have our elderly retriever on the Burgess supadog - the one for mature dogs. We put her on it as it is pretty pure stuff. She enjoys it and thrives on it. I do mix it with a tablespoon of Chappie just for interest - two meals a day. I would recommend it.