Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:36 PM

Health test results page

none of our dogs eye tests results have appeared on the KC's health tests results page - so mum decided to ring them where she was told to resend them in by email - which she done and got this reply..

Thank you for your email. At the present time, The Kennel Club does not have a scheme set in place to record eye test results for Chinese Crested. If you would like us to start recording these results, we will gladly do so upon receipt of a letter from the Chinese Crested Breed Clubs.
Kind regards,
Health and Breeder Services Team.
so mum replied...

Thank you for your reply,
I understand there are no recommendations or requirements for eye testing the Chinese Crested, it would be
good for the few of us that are going above & beyond what the Accredited breeder Scheme expects to have a
little recognition for our troubles though! The Health Test result finder should be open to all tested dogs, regardless
of the Breed Clubs being involved in my honest opinion! Puppy buyers have started to become more knowledgable,
at last, to the fact that breeding dogs should have had certain health tests & often ask why they can't find the puppies
parents on the Health test page, until now I had no idea as to the reason why, but now I know I will show them this email!
Regards...
Do you think its slightly unfair that its done like this or not?
I believe that all dogs tested should be added, if the test is needed or not.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I think in what your mum said she is quite right.
And she is true about the fact people ableit some are getting more knowledgeable.
And if you are going to register your dogs/pups and you have had the testing done then it should be added regardless of the requirements - you're the ones paying for the registry anyway so if you want to put on some additional info then you should be able to
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I would've thought any health tests done and subsequent results to be beneficial to all. Would any test not required by the KC involve extra admin costs to them regarding paperwork, time? Think any one seriously considering a dog would be happy and grateful for the eye test result to have been done and it shows you've gone beyond what's required in the best interest of your dogs(if that makes any sense)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I think its fair comment from the KC to be honest. They are very happy to accommodate the tests, so go for it!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
we will go for it - But I still feel that after the money we spend on doing the tests in the first place it should be added to the site along side the others! Mind atleast their willing to look into it, with a letter from the clubs.
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I think your mum is right DD and it is slightly disappointing that the KC is not championing breeders who take this kind of care with going beyond the minimum requirements.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I think you are missing the point(s).

first of all the KC have two schedules re eye testing A and B.

some people have their breeds tested irrespective of if their breed appears on either or not.

The purpose of breed clubs is to promote the breed and provide a consensus to the KC who will act in the best interests of the many for the protection of the breed.

Also it would be an administrative headache if the KC were to respond to individuals hence again why there are breed clubs so they have one (or more) points of contact.

Generally speaking all the relevant breed clubs tend to liaise on matters of importance.

So as a member of a breed club you can ask for this to be put on the agenda at your next AGM so that the membership can discuss it and vonte on it.

It is not the KC are not championing health tests but they need to be relevant to the breed and desired by your representative ie your breed club(s).
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I havent missed the point and get what your saying but Its not how I see it, health testing is done for the benefit of the dogs being bred, the breed and other breeders - if a breeder chooses to test for a test that isnt required - good on them - the results should still be submitted to the site.
we are a member of both our breed clubs so shall bring the matter up.
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
If it was not relevant to the breed why would DD's mother be doing the test? As for the breed club deciding on it, doesn't it depend on who has the influence there? I've definitely read insinuations that not every breed club is keen to delve into the health side of things. If that wasn't the case perhaps some of the notorious health problems of some breeds might have been dealt with earlier? (Not talking about the CC club btw, know nothing about them).
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 09:40 AM
There are plenty of people who for example eye test breeds which are not on Schedule A or B. The breed supplements are full of them.

A breed club consists of members who vote in the committee members etc. If any member(s) feel strongly about something they propose and get a seconder for it to be on the agenda at the AGM.

The proposal is then voted on.

I am sure you have read insinuations about lots of things, but clubs have to be run according to the KC rules and this is how things work, if enough members want something it will happen, if insufficient members want it, it fails.

Simple!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >