Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 07:57 AM

Dexter - Papillon

Breed Standard
Last updated October 2009

General Appearance
Dainty, well balanced little dog. An alert bearing and intelligent expression.

Characteristics
The name ‘Papillon’ is derived from the shape and position of the ears. When erect they are carried obliquely like the spread wings of a butterfly, hence the name. When the ears are completely dropped this type is known as the ‘Phalene’ (Moth). Head markings should be symmetrical, about a narrow white, clearly defined blaze which is desirable but not essential to represent the body of a butterfly.

Temperament
Lively, intelligent, friendly, with no aggression; always alert.

Head and Skull
Skull slightly rounded between ears, muzzle finely pointed and abruptly finer than the skull, accentuating well defined stop. Length from tip of nose to stop approximately one-third of length of head. Nose black.

Eyes
Medium size, rounded, never bulging, dark with dark rims, placed rather low in skull.

Ears
Very large, mobile with rounded tips, heavily fringed; set towards back of head far enough apart to show slightly rounded shape of skull. Leathers firm but fine. When erect each ear should form an angle of approximately 45 degrees to head.

Mouth
Jaws strong, with perfect regular, and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Lips thin, tight and dark in colour.

Neck
Medium length.

Forequarters
Shoulders well developed and sloping. Chest rather deep. Forelegs straight, slender with strong, fine bone. Elbows close to chest.

Body
Fairly long with level topline; well sprung ribs, loin strong, of good length, slightly arched belly.

Hindquarters
Well developed, well turned stifle. Legs when viewed from behind parallel.

Feet
Fine, fairly long, hare-like. Tufts of hair between toes extending far beyond them.

Tail
Long, well fringed, set on high, arched over back with fringes falling to side to form plume.

Gait/Movement
Light, free-flowing, positive and free from any restriction. Viewed from in front or behind, legs and feet moving parallel to each other, with feet turning neither in nor out. Viewed from side, dog covering ground well with no hint of hackneyed action.

Coat
Abundant, flowing but without undercoat; long fine silky, falling flat on back and sides; profuse frill on chest; short and close on skull, muzzle and front parts of legs. Rear of forelegs to pasterns, tail and thighs covered with long hair.

Colour
White with patches, which may be any colour except liver. Tricolours, black and white with tan spots over eyes, tan inside ears, on cheeks, and under root of tail.

Size
Height 20-28 cms (8-11 ins). Dog will appear slightly longer than high when properly furnished with ruff and hind fringes.

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

Please note in one or two of these he is not standing perfectly.

5 months

8 months
http://i.imgur.com/il0Lkwj.jpg

13 months
http://i.imgur.com/j4WucFW.jpg

16 months
http://i.imgur.com/IKTHCAb.jpg

17 months
http://i.imgur.com/2LxrPmW.jpg

18 months
http://i.imgur.com/U0yo6Ka.jpg
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Lovely dog. I didn't know we had a critique my dog section. There is no end to our sections!
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Lovely dog. I didn't know we had a critique my dog section. There is no end to our sections!

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated!

I was hesitant but decided to go for it.
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 03:35 PM
He is 9 inches tall and weighs 7 pounds.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 04:25 PM
And in tip top condition by the look of it.
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks, he could stand to gain a pound or two but he's always been thin even as a puppy. Plus he does plenty of excercise lol
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Here he is having a bath on his first birthday;

lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Ahh bless him!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Kicksforkills View Post
Here he is having a bath on his first birthday;

LOL!

Oh how well I know that totally PATHETIC 'no one loves me' look! Hope to see more of your dog. He's a real sweetie.
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Thank you, he recently passed his Bronze Good Citizen and two weeks after passed the Silver.

He also does agility and adores weaving.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >