View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I felt guilty after reading this thread and seeing dogs bedding was washed weekly by many people! So, as my folks are away and wont be any wiser, I washed all the dogs bedding in the washing machine yesterday and cleaned their food bowls!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 06:07 PM
vet bed dries pretty quickly so you shouldnt need too many

food bowls need washed daily but bedding only about once a week though I am considering the Tuffies route too (not gone there yet though)

Have a rubber collar ordered so that I hopefully wont need to wash that 'properly' and can just rinse.

Toys only get washed as needed really. (mainly rubber or ball on rope)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Food and water bowls are washed in hot soapy water every day, as are food toys like Kongs etc.

Bedding is hoovered off whenever I'm hoovering the floor (he has a Tuffies bed so each to Hoover the hair off), but it's only washed if it's visibly dirty, which isn't all that often. Certainly isn't done weekly.

Soft toys are usually thrown in when I wash his non Tuffies bedding. Both bedding and soft toys were washed more when he was younger, he's not a messy now! Rubber toys get a wipe over every few weeks if they look mucky.

Collars etc get washed about weekly, usually after he's gone swimming in the river and makes them stink
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:02 PM
food bowl is washed after every meal water bowl is washed two-three times a day.
bedding is washed weekly.
collars/leads/dog coat/toys are washed as and when they need it.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Water bowl - several times a day each time the water gets refreshed.

Food bowl - after each use.

Bedding - every 2-3 days.

Toys - Poppy has more toys than she knows what to do with, so gets a dozen or so on a rotation every couple of weeks, so they get washed each time they are rotated.

Collar, lead and harness - every couple of months.

Kong - after every use.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Food bowls when there is room in the dishwasher or if they've had a treat in them other than the dry food which is only there for under a minute once they are allowed to eat it;water bowls 3 times a week regularly & any other time if I think they need it; collars never though I do occasionally polish them with saddlesoap; bedding in the car as & when it needs it, in the house Hannah's hoovered most days as she sleeps on the settee, his washed when I wash the carpet as he wanders about & sleeps in different parts of the room each night. Never sleeps on his bed; toys only if they get left out for ages & then brought back in on my carpets.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3