Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Lol, I buy them for myself as well as Rupert. Hubby only likes peas and carrots but I like other veg so just buy the value bags.

We used to have raspberries growing in the garden when we had Shadow. None of us got a chance at the things! Shadow would pick them with his front teeth and eat them.
i eat them too! the bag with the peppers in yummmm! the dogs just have the one with peas carrots sweetcorn and green beans in.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Dex will eat cooked carrots, peas and broccoli and loves them. Problems with corn; he can't seem to digest it, anyone else found this?

He won't eat fruit at all; he used to love bananas but has now decided they are not to his liking....
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Dex will eat cooked carrots, peas and broccoli and loves them. Problems with corn; he can't seem to digest it, anyone else found this?

He won't eat fruit at all; he used to love bananas but has now decided they are not to his liking....
mine love apple chunks
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Pereg likes sweetcorn kernels and they do what I want, ie help to fill up her tummy when she is ravenous due to her medication, but yes, they do tend to pass through undigested.

I have yet to find a vegetable that she does not like but fruit? I dislike bananas myself so never buy them, which means Pereg has never tried them. Apples yes, but I read somewhere that apple pips are bad for dogs so I always core them first.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Mine like satsumas best which means that Jamie never gets a whole one to himself since we had the dogs!

The only fruit I found they wouldn't eat was a star-fruit I got reduced from Waitrose once and to be honest I didn't rate it highly either!

They like raw carrots and have half an apple each as long as you stick a bit of peanut butter or cream cheese in the middle.

They also really like peaches as I made the mistake once of putting 7 peaches in the fruit bowl on the coffee table. When I came back from work that day all that was left was 1 peach stone!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Apples yes, but I read somewhere that apple pips are bad for dogs so I always core them first.
Apple pips contain a MINUTE amount of cyanide but a) not in a form that can cause poisoning and b) you would have to eat several bushels of PIPS to get ill, by which time it would be irrelevant, you would have gut ache!

So I would not concern yourself. I, my horses and my dogs have consumed thousands of apple pips over the years to no ill effect!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Problems with corn; he can't seem to digest it, anyone else found this?
Ever been to a sewage plant?

Sweetcorn and tomato skins do not get metabolised very well..........
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:53 PM
You can get frozen berries from the supermarkets.I like the blueberries.Just a teaspoon crushed into food can easily be disguised.Berries are a really good vit. source and antioxidant.Blackberry time we go up the fields and pick them staight from the bush as with doggies before I do it with Ruby.One for me and one for you.I don't even bother that they are not washed its never harmed me yet.My dogs have loved them but not to many in one session.You can always freeze some for another time.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Getting lots of ideas ^^

If dogs can get a hold of veg in the wild do they ask random people to cook them???

Why cook veg???

Im finding my pup has a hearty appetite and will eat just about any fruit and veg gave her, her first bone today from pets at home its a nice big one kept her busy for ages even started getting angry with it when it wouldnt play with her o.0''
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Over the course of a week Poppy gets: carrots (raw), peas, cabbage or broccoli; cauliflower; green beans; banana; apple; the odd bit of pineapple; pear. Other than the carrot, which she gets a raw one every other day, the rest is served in small quantities and not on a daily basis.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >