Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 08:51 AM

Wet Wednesday 28th December 2022

Thankyou Azz, Mods and everyone for the Birthday wishes. Very kind of you. Morning everyone. I looked up what the weather was like when I was born and apparently it was 8 degrees c and cloudy. Not like today at all. Hope everyone gets to where they should be today. I am staying in and celebrating with my very best friend Margaret as long as she gets here without any hitches like last week. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Good morning Brenda

Happy Birthday Brenda and hope Margaret gets to you without any problems. Enjoy your day.

Wet here too so not doing much. Ironing done and credit card bill sorted, watched a bit of tv on catchup and that is my morning - nice and lazy

Hope all are well or improving. Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 11:12 AM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Brenda.
I hope that Margaret makes it over without any issues. Pleased you are staying home as it's absolutely vile out.....well, it is here anyway, I am trying to find my motivation to go out.
Steve still sounds poorly, I rushed to town last thing Christmas eve and bought him some snuggly pyjama's ( I never go to town any time Christmas eve but he was poorly) and he apparently really likes them, might see if they have some more when I go past.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2022, 01:58 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue, griff and all to follow.

Happy Birthday brenda and hoping you are enjoying a lovely afternoon with Margaret.

Wet and horrible here too. Did our bits in Kings Lynn dropped Michael a few bits off he looked very under the weather. Now I know why he had been out shopping himself earlier.
Not long ago I learnt this from my niece who is pretty cross as I messaged yesterday to ask him if you need anything and got the reply no thanks.
He has probably spread whatever it is about to vulnerable people too.

Sue enjoy the rest.
griff Steve is lucky to have you. Personally my thoughts are if he has covid he should remain off work till negative and feeling better.
Kazz hope you are enjoying your day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 02:16 PM
Lynn, my thoughts too but he has no wages...well £97 if he is lucky and we are still trying to get straight after his time off before.....my overdraft took a right battering
Hmmmm, I agree with you totally, my theory is any bug....stay home, sorry your brother is not well and I appreciate him wanting to be independent but as you say....who knows who he has passed it too.
I am currently in the walkin centre waiting for a blood test as I have a sore throat and feel awful..... managed to get an appointment this morning so bit the bullet and dragged myself down here, hoping it's not new year in hospital for me!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2022, 02:56 PM
Fingers crossed not griff.
He is 81 and retired and has us to drop stuff to him if he needs and has no need to go out if feeling so unwell and infectious. He tested negative for covid a week ago and I doubt he has tested again.
Gorden still thinks he has had or still got covid and still stands by there are new variants about and the testing kits we have are not able to pick up these new variants.
Mark and Lauren were bullied into returning to work that's bad enough they cannot afford like Steve not to get paid or lose their jobs but in my opinion it is all wrong, but if you have the luxury of not going to work you shouldn't be out and about if infectious to pass it on to others who might catch it easily and become really ill.
Plus as Mark pointed out in the beginning we couldn't come in if we wanted too, child care not bringing parents into it and we feel quite ill.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Indeed Lynn, there are new variants that aren't showing on the lft's.... He finally listened after me being stood in Iceland moaning on the phone lol...he called the drs and said he has had COVID and is supposed to be in work tomorrow, he didn't need to say anything and the lady said straight away they would get him a sick note.
I struggle to understand how I am so proactive and I have to nag and nag to get the males in my life to do stuff
Lady struggled getting a vein, I used to have such good veins and now the lady said they are like a babies lol.....it wasn't pleasant, needle in and out in and out, she apologised about it, I am very good with them....it wants doing so it gets done, doesn't matter how uncomfortable
Mum has bought my uncle some more jeans so I have been and dropped those in, he was very appreciative on the phone, I have said I would give him a call at new year
Hope you have had a good day Brenda??
Chris,care you on the mend now?
Sue....do hope you are having a couple of days feet up whilst the kids are off school
Kazz, hope you have enjoyed your Christmas period?
Not heard back from moyra so hoping she is o.k, must still be locked out.
Made a massive pan of stew so will get some of that over to geek boy tomorrow.... despite him saying "I am fine"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 09:27 PM
Happy Birthday Brenda I hope your day has been as lovely as you are.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 09:48 PM
Evening all been busy in and out again lunch with a friend today and now home. Work tomorrow then off until Monday trying to suss out a working plan with a friend who loves in Aberdeen to go up and visit. Nothing solid just chatter at the moment LOL

Going out for lunch with a friend on Friday and the same Saturday (not run out of people yet) HaHa

Doing nothing New Years eve and depending on the weather and how I feel a nice walk new years day.

Oh repaired the big 6ft x 2.5ft drive gate this morning as I was closing it last night the wind caught it and first time ever it blew it off ripping the hinges from the frame an easy fix but boy was it heavy. Great Christmas and going be a good 2023 as well.

Lynn I wonder if your brother felt a bit stir crazy trapped by the house good thing is he is home and safe.

Griff Hope the blood results come in satisfactory and that you get your "menfolk sorted" has Steve got a slow cooker or similar?

Sue The calm after the storm eh? will it be easier with Barry doing some of the school runs now he can drive again?

Brenda Did Margaret make it over or is she still there ad you are both looking into the bottom of the bottle LOL

Chris Hope you are both feeling alright bit concerned you are so rough with this and not heard from you either. Worried face here.

Moyra Hope you are looking forward to the new year.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2022, 09:52 PM
Griff just saw your reply to me last night and I say get Steve to change his Doctors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >