Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Wii zumba anyone?

Anybody got it - or can anybody actually do it?
In my attempts to trim up a bit I've been doing wii fit, wii dance, Abba dance & now zumba is the latest.
I haven't even attempted any dances yet as I'm still trying to learn the moves & I'm struggling to do that, they are so hard & my co-ordination is rubbish
For some strange reason it seems easier to move in heels than slipper boots
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2012, 09:04 AM
yeah I love it, its good fun. As long as you are moving and wiggling (lol) you're burning calories! Have you thought about going to a local zumba class to learn the moves?
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I bought it just after I started going to a Zumba class. TBH, I don't tend to use it all that much as I find it harder than the actual class but as Z said, as long as you are moving, you are burning calories.

The Zumba instructor reckons that you burn 1000 calories in an hours class Have to say, it feels like it sometimes! No Zumba for me tonight though, because the weather will probably be awful!

Helen
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 10:03 AM
I tend to use my Kinect Zumba to brush up on the 'proper' moves, as it's much more technical than a real class is. My cumbia and reggaeton are a lot better since having a chance to practice at home!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I couldn't possibly go to a proper class I'd trip over my own feet
Will keep at it though on the wii & wow 100 calories is a kit kat I'm eating 1100 cals a day & any additional excercise calories I earn I tend to spend on chocolate treats. I want to lose 10lbs & am in my 2nd week & have lost 3 1/4lbs so far. Most of my excercise cals come from walking the dog 4 miles a day, but she's had a poorly paw this week.

I also like the wii fit plus as that counts the calories for me so I don't have to work it out myself.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I have a YouTube video of my lovely daughter in law getting top score on the Kinect doing Zumba!

Mind you, before she had my grandaughter, a few months ago she used to teach Zumba!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I have a YouTube video of my lovely daughter in law getting top score on the Kinect doing Zumba!

Mind you, before she had my grandaughter, a few months ago she used to teach Zumba!
I bet she's got great hips then
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Yip I've got it....... not exactly easy
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Makes me tired just thinking about people doing Zumba.. It's not my thing, thought about doing it, but like the gym - it just doesn't motivate me, class or wii variety.. A nice long country walk/bike with the dogs.. that suits me to a tee!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Funnily enough, I had never to be an exercise class, or anything like it, until I started Zumba last year. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it but I do go with friends.

Zumba night tonight although difficult to get motivated when it's dark and cold! lol

Helen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >