Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Kismet tries scootering!

Well we had a fantastic day Bikejoring and scootering around epping forest with our Chesapeake friends

Kismet loved the scooter, but after having to shove it through a few muddy puddles and with my great weight on the back, we did run out of steam a little sooner than the rest...

Poor Kismet, sadly we're neither of us in peak fitness as today soundly proved After a while of getting left behind and everyone having to wait for us to catch up we swapped over to a bikejoring rig instead so I could help her out a bit more... The others were cheating, they had two dogs each... We kept being left behind!

It was great fun! I am definitely getting a proper bikejoring attachment for my bike now and a scooter is on the christmas list, hopefully we'll both be fitter by then...

Kismet was very good with all the other dogs and we had a lovely time... Now I definitely need another husky... Though I'll need to look for one of similar buid to Kismet.. when we paired her with one of the other huskies she just looked like a stocky lump and really didn't have the speed or drive, the husky was all "Lets go lets go, faster faster".. Kismet was more "yep whatever gonzalez... think we can cover more ground at a trot than a gallop... slow and steady" ... Think she needs more of a Malamute partner Though she'd make a great brake dog Not as much stamina as a Malamute, not as fast as a husky, not really the best of both is my girly More a sort of slower stocky husky.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Some of your piccies aren't showing

However from the ones that are it looks like you both had a brill time, if a little tiring
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Hmm I wonder why... I'll try putting them in again
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Aw, they are lovely pics It looks like fun!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Glad Kismet had fun - it may be that she needed this and it'll be an outlet for you both! If Benjie wasn't so mean with other dogs I'd try it with the boys - if Chesapeake can do it, so can my mongrels

Lovely photos
Kaya
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-01-2012, 10:05 PM
This looks like fun! Beautiful girl you got there too!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Glad Kismet had fun - it may be that she needed this and it'll be an outlet for you both! If Benjie wasn't so mean with other dogs I'd try it with the boys - if Chesapeake can do it, so can my mongrels

Lovely photos
Kismet is 'mean with other dogs' she wore her big greyhound basket muzzle when we ran. Once they have their shoulders into the harness and they're pulling along, following the scooter in front she just kept focused and on trucking even by other dogs... She was even good when running next to another dog!

When we went past a group of training guide dogs, I stopped, pulled her in on the line and we walked by on a short lead.

If you get the chance, definitely try it
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:22 PM
WOW!!! That looks brill fun!!!!

Glad Kismet behaved for you.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:36 PM
She was better behaved than one of the other huskies who jumped off the path to kill a pigeon mid run and kept yelling at everyone when we were stopped

All the other husky owners said she was lovely and just a husky and couldn't understand why I muzzled her which was really refreshing

We even talked about canicross competitions (the scootering and bike joring bits at them) on the way home as apparently there are quite a few that let non-huskies run

I don't think Kismet would be much good at competition. But if she enjoyed it, we could do it anyway ... Really makes me keep looking at Aurora puppy's picture again... wonder if she'd grow too big to pair up with the Kismutt though...

Kismet's such an odd shaped wee thing it's going to be quite a challenge finding a running partner for her
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Kismet is 'mean with other dogs' she wore her big greyhound basket muzzle when we ran. Once they have their shoulders into the harness and they're pulling along, following the scooter in front she just kept focused and on trucking even by other dogs... She was even good when running next to another dog!

When we went past a group of training guide dogs, I stopped, pulled her in on the line and we walked by on a short lead.

If you get the chance, definitely try it
Ahh I've gone biking with Benjie before and there was just the one dog he didn't have a go at - and we met plenty at that day.. I think it's the breed though, I don't think Benjie has an ounce of northerner in him so he wouldn't focus on the running.. I'll definately give it a go with Louie, although he'd be off after squirrels if we went through a wood.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >