View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Have noticed meat more than anything. Trying to cut down on the amount of meat we eat, keep telling my husband it is healthier to eat less meat.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Shona and I were moaning about this weeks ago as ours has went up fro £80ish to well over £100 per week Both my oh and I's wages have went up but it's nowhere near in line with our food price hike xxxxxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 02:50 PM
and they say its gona get worse ..........
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Yep noticed it here too! However I have been using the locals again, as I am sure most increases are down to petrol prices.

Went to the local butchers, and it worked out pounds cheaper! Support your locals, now it's there time, the massive out of town stores have had it their way for too long.. imho
Same here Tracy. I went all the way over to Bairds Farm shop at Littlehampton this morning, I got loads of fresh meat (enough for a month), veg and frozen and I know for a fact, if it had been a supermarket the price would have been half as much again, that's for sure! I'm boycotting the supermarkets now, I'm supporting my local farmers.

On top of that, their sausages are national gold and bronze award winners too!!! so their food is good, unlike Tesco's!
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2008, 03:39 PM
spmeone told me about a good cook book they used in war time,, ive just had a search on amamzon for it and they are sold out of all the ones from war time ,, does that tell you something,, when I worked at McVities it was one type of biscuit and just different wrappers for all the major stores so we are being conned by packaging.
the good news I now work for Shell and our fuel went DOWN today hope it goes further
huggles
b-eye
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I've just had to fill my car with petrol. I paid 120.9 a litre - my little Polo cost £46 to fill.

Unbelievable!

I definitely find myself now trying to justify everything I buy - a sad state of affairs really
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I've just had to fill my car with petrol. I paid 120.9 a litre - my little Polo cost £46 to fill.

Unbelievable!

I definitely find myself now trying to justify everything I buy - a sad state of affairs really
Where did you fill it up?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Where did you fill it up?
Local shell garage.

I do have a 5p a litre off voucher from Tesco, but I think they're petrol's a bit "soapy". I get better consumption with "proper" fuel
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Local shell garage.

I do have a 5p a litre off voucher from Tesco, but I think they're petrol's a bit "soapy". I get better consumption with "proper" fuel
Just wondered as the asda and bp garages near me have just lowered theirs, I think it was 1.13 something.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Just wondered as the asda and bp garages near me have just lowered theirs, I think it was 1.13 something.
I knew it was going to come down, but I was almost empty so HAD to fill it today.

Just call me lucky......

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >