View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Yep i have been complaining about this as well. The weekly shop for 3 people, 3 dogs and 2 cats used to be around £50-£60 (when i was being good lol) now being good and not buying any cleaning products etc im lucky if i can get it to come to £80-£90!!! Its really really getting bad now. And dont even get me started on fuel!

Im trying to find as many vegetarian recipes as i can because meat has got so expensive now! Even things that used to be really cheap like pasta has shot up. Seems to be no such thing as a 'cheap meal' any more!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
We've been trying to do the drop a brand level thing- so if you have asda own you drop to the smart price or from extra special to normal asda brand. It does knock some off your bill - i used to have extra special lemonade (£1.10 or something similar) and the normal asda brand is only 44p!
Its definatley worth giving it a try. Some things just arnt the same but if you find a few things that are its all worth it to save some more pennys.
I think thats a good idea on some items but there is others I wouldnt, call me a food snob but asdas own bread and the cheap sausages are horrible. Yet there is others are just as good.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I think thats a good idea on some items but there is others I wouldnt, call me a food snob but asdas own bread and the cheap sausages are horrible. Yet there is others are just as good.
Lol! Tell me about it! I do hav to get decent meat, I think you get what you pay for with meat. I do find it really difficult but definately things like lemonade, soups, jam, cheese ( i'm not a cheese fan so it all tastes the same to me! i'm sure some people would disagree!) yoghurts and other stuff i'll happily go down a brand on.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Spot on, biscuits are another, No diff imo between own value brands and top brands other than price.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 11:11 AM
i have noticed it too..........salad is more expensive than ever before
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i have noticed it too..........salad is more expensive than ever before
Grow your own salad stuff, with all the great weather you have it should be a doddle
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Grow your own salad stuff, with all the great weather you have it should be a doddle
don;t have the room and elotments ( SP ) are very expensive here
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
don;t have the room and elotments ( SP ) are very expensive here
That and it would mean getting dirty and someone as clean as you hates the dirt
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 11:23 AM
na not at all ..........we grew tomatoes last year and next door has a greenhouse so peppers and cucumbers we get from them

am not really a good life type of person LOL .....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Just don't shout at the shop keepers about the price increase, cos theres nothing we can do about it
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »