View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 05:58 AM

Shopping costs going up, and up, and up!

I've noticed my Tesco bill creeping up every week, but this week takes the biscuit (just as well, can't afford to buy any).

Their Value Mince (beef), which I buy for the dogs, has risen from £1.40 per kg last week to £1.89 per kg this week.

My weekly shopping bill is now around the £80 mark - it used to be between £50 and £60.

Outrageous!

Anyone else noticed any exhorbitant rises in the shops lately ?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Your so right...........I have to go to Asda (if our friendly corner shop cannot get Chappie) well had to go last Friday......The giant tins of Chappie 87p...WOW bargin
Went yesterday £1.05.

Other things too are just going up and up, I used to spend £200 per month on shopping...without cleaning stuff etc.,just food. Now it's crept up to £230 per month........
Pity the wages are not going up as quickly.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 06:32 AM
It's got ridiculus, I do an online delivery for my mum as she can't get out to do the shopping, and before all this got so stupid, she always managed to keep her bill to around the £40 mark, and that included the delivery, now she's lucky if it's £55 including delivery, and she doesn't go mad, she does have my elder son living with her, but he hardly eats there at all, the only thing that she really buys for his benefit is the Vanish for his work clothes, but that's not an everyweek item, BUT she does buy the Tena lady, and they used to be something like £2.12 ish, now they're £1.90 so not everything has gone up.

I've noticed the tub of Mushrooms I buy used to be .60p now it .79p and the cereals Christopher has has gone up by at leat 45p a box, it absolutly ridiculous.

I filled up with petrol yesterday and it's come down by 1p a litre, and apparantly a few of the supermarkets are going to start dropping the price of petrol by between 2 -4p per litre, so hopefully everywhere else will follow suit very soon
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Yep noticed it here too! However I have been using the locals again, as I am sure most increases are down to petrol prices.

Went to the local butchers, and it worked out pounds cheaper! Support your locals, now it's there time, the massive out of town stores have had it their way for too long.. imho
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 08:36 AM
The thing I have noticed more than anything else is the price of a loaf of bread. £1.10-£1.30 in most places now.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Same here Vicki. The dachies have turkey Mince and thia has goneup from £1.33 to £1.79
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Everything seems to be going up

You can get free delivery vouchers got these below from hear
Free Delivery on orders over £50. Ends 31/7/08

M4-DM-V2-23
M4-DM-V2-42
M4-GL-PJ-AH

Free Delivery on orders over £50. Ends 10/8.

M4-DM-V2-X3
M4-DM-V2-WD
M4-DM-V2-D8

Also so online supermarket that checks the price of the below stores

ASDA
TESCO
SAINSBURY
WAITROSE

As you do your shopping it compares the prices of the above supermarkets it’s free all you got to do is register with them you can find that site hear

If you do a Google for E Voucher site you’ll get loads
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:01 AM
It is awful, isn't it?

I've noticed over the last few weeks that the Slim-a-Soups went from around 95p to 55p, then all the way back up to 88p. I noticed that Tesco and Sainsburys seemed to be having a soup war over price and it has started to fall again - 79p in Tesco?

Chicken is an awful price ... as is wine.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Same here too, the money doesn't go very far now. It costs more now for 2 of us a week than it did when the boys lived at home and Michael has only been left 5 months.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 10:22 AM
We've been trying to do the drop a brand level thing- so if you have asda own you drop to the smart price or from extra special to normal asda brand. It does knock some off your bill - i used to have extra special lemonade (£1.10 or something similar) and the normal asda brand is only 44p!
Its definatley worth giving it a try. Some things just arnt the same but if you find a few things that are its all worth it to save some more pennys.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »