Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
But your air con (if fitted) it will clear very quickly our car switches it on by it's self when OH turns the fan up to full and toward the window screen.
I know it does, that's what I do, but as I said, it's not just the windscreen, it's all of the windows.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2007, 10:50 PM
A hammer.

No window, no problemo.

But....

It maybe that water is coming into the car as suggested, often this time of year leaves and general junk block the scuttle area in front of the windscreen and it fills up and dumps the contents into the the interior through the air vent intake so lift bonnet and check that the water is draining away.

CHECK THROUGHLY THAT THE CARPETS ARE NOT DAMP IN ANYWAY, IT CAN MASKED BY THE POROUS NATURE OF THE CARPETS FITTED SO PRESS DOWN IN EACH FLOOR WELL TO ENSURE THAT ITS BONE DRY.

It could also be that you may be serving penance for owning a Corsa, on the plus side Nov 5th is upon us soon so you can excuse the impending fire for a stray firework....honest.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Wiping with a cloth containing methylated spirit will prevent windows misting up ...
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Corsa's (like Astra's) are renowned for it.

I find stopping and asking Karen to walk home with 3 dogs does wonders.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Wiping with a cloth containing methylated spirit will prevent windows misting up ...
Good thinking, it may make the impending fire seem more plausable.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Years ago I had a Cavalier and it used to mist up when the blower was on. I discovered that in the engine compartment there were drainage holes - these let the water that comes off the windscreen drain through the engine compartment. Unfortunately, years of parking outside had meant that these had become blocked and when it rained, this area of the bulkhead filled up with water. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but in the Cavalier, the air intake which feeds the windscreen and the internal heating system is positioned in that area of the bulkhead .... so damp etc got into the car and misted the windows up.

Once the drainage holes had been cleared the problem went away.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Corsa's (like Astra's) are renowned for it.

I find stopping and asking Karen to walk home with 3 dogs does wonders.
I wondered if this might be the case as my Mum's Corsa is terrible for it and that's even without dogs.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Go to Halfords and ask for a product called RainX-anti fog

Good for crashhelmet visors too.

http://www.matramagic.co.uk/home.php...FQgvlAodlleWVw
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I am just going to offer an opinion as a total numpty when it comes to cars - but I think it is more because cars are more sealed units these days than they used to be.
I remember the draughty car journeys we used to go on, wrapped up with just a little heater going in the front.
Now cars are obviously so sophisticated and I think pretty air tight really, so nowhere for all that condensation to go??

Since I started getting decent cars I have noticed with all of them, all differents makes, shapes and sizes that we suffer more from misting than we ever used to with our old rust-bucket cars.

Just a thought.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Took my car for a service and told them about the windows. Anyway, long story short, they fitted a new roof seal and everything is fine. So, windows were misting unduly and there was a problem which having the heater on would not have made any difference to.

Thanks for all the replies though.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >