Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 06:59 PM

Suzuki Supercarry/Bedford Rascal Camper Vans

Oooooh, how I want me a mini camper van!

I have fallen in LOVE, and have decided to start looking around for one of these beautiful little mini vans as my first ever car! I haven't actually started lessons again yet, but thought I could begin learning in my wee van!

Does anyone have one of these teeny beauties? How practical are they? How reliable are they? I know a few van (not camper) owners and they LOVE thoir vans.

My budget is £2000 - what should I be able to get with my money?

And is anyone selling one??

novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Bodhi, my friend had a Bedford Rascal van and found it to be very high on fuel consumption. Nice little van but not much room in it. I had a Nissan Vanette (diesel) and although it was a bigger van and larger engine it was more economical.

Good Luck with your lessons, pm me when you start looking for an instructor, mine was great, very patient and got me through my test first time round. Karen
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that

My friend has a rascal van, I think it probably eats juice too. Hopefully it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem for me, as I do not want to become reliant on driving everywhere. And my usage is more for pleasure than need.

Will def get in touch about driving instructor when the time comes
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I meant to tell you that insurance is quite high for vans too as they are classed as light commercial. I had terrible trouble getting insurance when I passed my test because I was buying a van and not a car. It didn't help that I was new driver (much older that you as well). I nearly didn't get the van as the insurance was ridiculous, more than I was paying for the van!!

I think Rascals/Supercarrys are only 1ltr engines and that might make a difference.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 04:09 PM
My friend has a rascal, 3rd party, fire and theft, near liverpool (Very high insurance over there) and it works out just over £500 I think

Oh - and she only has her provisional license!

I am becoming obsessed with having one now! Seems the suzuki and the daihatsu will be the way to go, as they are generally newer and in better nick. And I hear they are more economical!

Thanks for the info.. I will definately check all this out before I commit to one, but I think I am in looove

Check out this little beauty!

novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Nice little motor!!!!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 10:03 PM
I know - isn't it great!

It's on ebay right now.. No chance of me getting it, but I know if I am patient it will pay off (like i say, my money is tucked away for 6 months - can't touch it)!

Plus I wouldn't be able to get to see it before buying!

Wow - it's like before I got the dog - becoming obsessed, thinking about it 24/7..