Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2018, 09:08 AM

Dogsey daily Saturday 6th January 2018

Morning sleepy heads. Gordon sorry to disallusion you but I was listening to the radio on my headphones connected to a small radio that runs on batteries. Saves me treading on a water wheel to generate electicity. Overcast and dry here. Hope it is warmer where any one else is. Mind you I bet Sue is having better weather. ttfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Morning all
Lol LG..no ill effects from the curry...yet!! I am still full up though lol.
Not doing anything today....well walk the pups and that's it.
Lynn.. .was it you who mentioned a fb group for the tumeric paste?? I have a friend in need
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Morning brenda and griff.
yaaaay no rain today.

Yes griff there is a group on book of the face. If it's the recipe you need for your friend I can supply the link.

http://turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-...-golden-paste/
The group is turmeric user group UK.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2018, 12:01 PM
cheers Lynn
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Hello all
Was raining but seems to be brightening up - Rosie been out, she’s now curled up in her bed
I’m going to wash my hair shortly cos I’m at work at 2,
Lauryn is off to Derby shopping with a friend, can you remember me telling you that she seems to have lost her college folder? Well she checked at college, and it’s not been found there. She’s rang the bus company & no sign, where the heck is it ? If I found a folder containing work, I’d hand it in, nothing in there that would benefit anyone. Luckily she’s got it backed up so will just need to print it out. There’s around 2 month worth of work there. can’t believe she’s managed to loose it though.
Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2018, 12:27 PM
You're welcome.

Got a pcn through the post today Michael and I thought I might get one as I went through an amber light on Tuesday on the way to visit Gill. Pouring with rain unknown road to us now and roads wet no time to stop not speeding but road conditions were a bit iffy.
Opened it and it wasn't I somehow got in a bus lane. When I let Michael know he said how I didn't see any signs. He was my lookout. It was just before 3pm and getting dark still raining and we were all exhausted with the journey over lift troubles at the hospital so inevitable I suppose.
Anyway paid it and because of paying it in time got it half price every cloud as they say.
Michael offered to pay half but we declined he is buying coffee and cake tomorrow.

Gill not good again so we can only think she is not really well enough to be discharged. She fell yesterday not long after being home Peter popped to the kitchen for 2 mins and she got off the sofa to the commode and had a fall.
Carers in 4 times a day but were late this morning on the first day turned up at 11.33 and they are meant to be getting her washed and tidied for the day.
Peter has said she is saying she feels she needs a hospice stay a couple of times a week. This is not my sister who has battled so bravely for 11 years.
She has to attend her oncology appointment Tuesday whether up to it or not. Peter is going to have a few things to say firstly why didn't they go and see her on both occasions she was admitted especially as she is under that hospitals oncology dept.,
Just emotionally exhausted and i am not picking up the caring side like Peter is.

A mystery Mandy thank goodness lauryn has the work backed up.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Evening all two and four legs.
We walked and met a few fellow walkers. And talked. A lady in a wheel chair goes around with her Yorkie and her helper.

We talked about ailments as you sometimes do. She is mostly on pain meds but the subject of statins came up.
"I wouldn't touch them!"
Well, I am prescribed one for cholesterol but after what my dear wife found out about them and the side effects they are now ditched.

But this is dogsey. Max is patient
He just stares at me until we move. People comment on how how patient and well behaved he is. I can't deny that but it kinda pleases me that others see it too. We have a keeper. Most around know him. The school children, the postie, the bin men.......neighbours. He really is a charmer. And I think he knows it. Smart arse.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Evening all. Just a quickie before the Voice comes on. Gordon if you come on later hi and good evening to you. Sadly won't be plugged in tonight as quiz is only Monday to Friday. Wil be reading instead. 4th instalment of Tomorrow When the War Began. Anyone see the film a couple of weeks ago? Very good film and the books that go with it. Must away prog coming on. Have a good evening all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I somehow got in a bus lane. When I let Michael know he said how I didn't see any signs. He was my lookout.

Just emotionally exhausted and i am not picking up the caring side like Peter is.
Hi Lynn, I thought I read somewhere that you would only get a warning letter for 'bus lane' infringement in the first year. Then in 2019 it would be a fine, but how are people who don't normally use the road supposed to know about these things TBH I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere near a big town or city these days.

I did hope that when Gill got home things would improve but it seems not. Feel so sorry for you and all the family.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-01-2018, 10:12 PM
'evening one and all
Keeping an eye on all your posts If GM pops in latter you can tell him I saw his favorite* agricultural 'celebrity' on the box recently and I couldn't believe he has somehow wangled another trip to New Zealand that must be three times he has been out there in the last two years, all expenses paid of course, and I bet it included plenty of 'off camera' activity

Oh well, some people get all the luck

Have some paperwork and chores to do now and prepare Casey's last batch of meds. He's getting four different ones twice a day now.

* I choose the word 'favorite' but GM wouldn't think of him like that I'm sure

Goodnight, see you soon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >