Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2017, 12:55 PM

Daily Thread Saturday 30th December

Hello everyone
Hope you are all well both 2 & 4 legged
Was very wet & rainy here nipped into town, didn’t need much
It seems to be drying out now still grey though. Will take Rosie out whilst it’s dry.
Kazz hope your Mum is ok today & you too
Moyra hope you doing as you are told and feeling better
Lynn hope you are well
Griff hope you got your pressie

Will pop back on later
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Hello Mandy, sorry I've not posted much lately. I do look in from time to time. See you had a birthday, you are so young Hope I've got that right

Casey was at the vets Thursday, they are not happy with his iregular heart beat so he's now got some ACE inhibiter tablets to go with the four others he has to take every day.

Anyone who reads this who knows about ACE Inhibiters, please say something.

Weather has improved so it's off out to the garden and shed BFN.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Awww Harvey, sorry no experience of ace inhibitors
Mandy...no Prezzie yet, he went to get me a gorgeous bangle but they were sold out....i have told him not to worry
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Hi Harvey I have asked my friend who works for a vet. But your vet should have told you what they were for? Hope everything works out ok for Casey and you. If I hear back I will let you know. Take care everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Good evening everyone

Do hope Casey's new medication helps him Harvey but have no experience

I must say Steve is really trying hard to find something nice for you Griff.

Hope you have had a good day Brenda and Mandy

Moyra hope you are now feeling a lot better.

Thinking of you Lynn. Dull here today but have managed two walks. Barry has repaired a fence panel but I think it will be the case of a new one later when the weather improves.

Hope you have all had a good day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Lol Sue, he is probably leaving it as he knows i will say to forget it.
off out for new years tonight, never go for the actual night because of the dogs but the pub is actually shutting tomorrow night at 8pm!!! ridiculous
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone been manic here tidying after christmas and more problems with Gill.
yesterday they had her in the departure lounge so she rang peter to say she was waiting on an ambulance to bring her home. Peter had heard nothing from the hospital or the care people.
He rang the care people they had no idea and said no there was no care package in place. Peter questioned the hospital they said an emergency one would be in place by midnight. Well i bet it wouldn't of been and once home they would of washed their hands of her.
So in the end she couldn't go home and had to go back to the ward we were all extremely cross playing with her feelings like that.
Turns out it was a senior nurse who discharged her not the doctor.
Today the care people contacted Peter to say a complete care package will be in place ongoing for her.
No idea when she will be discharged but sometime next week we think.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Harvey sorry to hear about Casey here is a link about ace inhibitors for humans if this helps.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-matters...ace-inhibitors
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
But your vet should have told you what they were for?
Yes the vet did tell me they were to try to make his heart beats more regular. His heart rate is OK but he gets these occassional fluctuations. I didn't want to get into a long discussion on how they work will just be glad if they do work.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
we were all extremely cross playing with her feelings like that.

here is a link about ace inhibitors for humans if this helps.
Yes Lynn, it must be very annoying for all of you when it seems no one knows what's going on, and even appears to not care. Not good at all.

Thanks for that link, I have read it, not sure my brain can take it all in but as I said above if they stop his heart rate from fluctuating and keep it nice and steady then they will have done the job.

Few things to do tonight so will see you all tomorrow.

PS
Griff, hope you do end up with a pressie that you like. Seems like quite a saga he's involved in, I have to be honest and say that my pressie buying is much less involved. One of the nicer things about being the age that me and SWMBO are is that we don't want for much and it's usually less traumatic if we tell each other what we want
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Well Good evening all.

Not a busy day but a fullish day. Christmas decorations taken down and put away. Bit of shopping brought, dog walked a bit of my book read the garden raked over between the plants. Weed preventer material put down in the front garden under Eric the big acer.....( Ernie the taller acer succumber a few years ago to something) so just Eric an little acer out the front now. Tomorow will put the mulch over the top I have found one I really like finally.
Iceland curry in the oe soaking so a nice night in. Mom been up all ay so a great day all in all.

Lynn - hope all goes well lots of hiccups which is sad really you need things to be seamless at times like those.
Mandy - hope you had a good day, look forward to hearing about it.
Losos I hope the medication works.
Griff I hope Steve does get you a present, means a lot, plus he seems to be trying hard to get it right.
Sue its been dull here too.
Brenda Hello......LOL
Moyra Hope you feel a bit better.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Evening all.
Trust that you are home and relaxed.
Losos
I hope that you question about ACE inhibitors is not an indication that you have serious blood pressure problems.

Today it has been around 10C/50F which is much milder than of late. Good walking weather. IMO..........

A little tail from this morning that might give a smile.

We were strolling along when a lady with a little dog in a harness came to cross the path we were on. I didn't see her until we nearly bumped into each other. Her little dog was curious about Max. Did the usual sniff thing. At that point, Max was more interested in sniffing the hedge and deciding where to pee so the little fellow got the ignore button.

I told the lady that Max was friendly but she was concerned not about Max but whether her little dog would have a go at Max. Given the difference in size, I had to suppress a smile.

It was a Jack Russell, known to be feisty little blighters - fair or not. But the dogs got along just fine and we carried on along our different paths.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >