View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 12:46 PM
So Griff, what is Steve doing for his Christmas dinner? He seems so solitary.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 01:03 PM
He is staying home with Molly, i have tried to encourage him to go to his sisters but he is adamant he won't participate in christmas, he has no tree up, no decorations, won't send cards and won't have a dinner...i have just said if he wants to be left alone over christmas just tell me and i will leave him alone and catch up with him when he is back at work, i know he is struggling with his brother not being about and have said he needs professional help and i do try to help and listen but i don't say the right things really
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Oh Griff, he is his own worst enemy. I understand the no decorations and tree etc because I have not bothered either. However we all have to eat and so do Molly and Amber so I am cooking Turkey on Christmas day and I am sure Amber will enjoy hers. Steve is still driving me nuts and he knows he cannot move out no matter how much he wants to. We both have to accept that. However, if I hit him with a saucepan or something harder he will only have himself to blame. We shall end up killing each other!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Kazz not a lot. Tyto showing his age so keeping fingers crossed. Have a good Christmas everyone. It only happens once a year.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone from a cream crackered Lynn.
Cake finished 50 odd sausage rolls made and 30 something mince pies.
12 of each to go to paul and Beth tomorrow we have been invited round for christmas drinks and nibbles in the evening.
Gosh my back is aching.
Gorden is achey to we popped out and bought some lino for the downstairs bathroom it is cold in there the tiles are ceramic same as kitchen so we are hoping something warmer on the floor will help. There is a towel radiator but it doesn't make much difference when it is very cold outside.

Also got Dillon a new bed saw them yesterday in the horse feed place big bed for £25 hope he likes it as much as his quilt.
I gave his expensive orthopedic bed to Paul and Beth for Bun the other day he just will not tolerate it. they were chuffed as it folds in half so they can use it in the van when travelling to France.
Bun loved it.

griff it is sad Steve is the way he is but unfortunately when people are that low they can't or won't accept help. First christmas we lived here Michael had a bad spell and decided to stay on the boat on his own. We were worried of course but let him do it his way the only thing we insisted on was phoning him daily. We hadn't had an episode like that from him for at least 7 years.
Thankfully he seems fine now. He did come in the New year he needed time to reflect i think and thankfully he realised he had people around him who loved him.
It's hard but sometimes it's all you can do is to leave them on their own to sort it if they ever do. Steve sounds as if at the moment he really doesn't want to move on.
Moyra if you hit your Steve with a saucepan maybe it will knock some sense into him.

Text Gill this morning she text back and said she is feeling a little better today she thought she was never going to stop being sick yesterday.
She is apologising for not having things ready for us for christmas (presents) I told her to stop and just concentrate on getting better. Well at least as well as she can get didn't say that bit to her though.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Moyra, why can't Steve move out? If it's financial, he may be able to get working tax credit which would then open up other benefits to him...i think
Lynn, you are right....he is that low i don't think he can see a way out...he is stuck in a job he hates with no way out, is working, going home to walk Molly, clean etc and then back to work...he will get there, just time really and he knows i will help where i can, talk to him every day at least once, today 3times already...i am trying to be a good friend
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2017, 06:49 PM
No one can say you are not a good friend because you most definitely are.
Sounds like he is stuck in a rut and something needs to change for him. Fingers crossed 2018 see's changes for the better for him and you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Mice pies sound nice how do you catch the mice?
That would be telling and everyone would want them
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Well done now and home. Decided on roast Gammon for Boxing day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
and have said he needs professional help and i do try to help and listen but i don't say the right things really
Griff you are doing all you can, and you can't turn yourself into a professional adviser, it takes years of trainning and experience, so please don't put yourself down.

The world is a mad place, people get weird ideas, most important is that you don't let his problems engulf you.

Lynn, so pleased to read that Gill is home for Christmas.

Sue, we've never been able to get to the supermarket at 06:50 will be trying an early start tomorrow but best will be 08:00 let's hope they've got all the shelves stacked by then

Took Casey & Lara for a short walk today, the old boy was good, but tonight (after his dinner) for about ten minutes he was hyper ventilating, has slowed now and he is sleeping. Not sure if his diareah is sorted hope so.

Hectic day and I'm off to my bed shortly. BFN
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >