Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 21st December

Good morning all.

Well hope Gill has a safe journey home and is made comfortable. I am so glad she is going to be looked after by SS. Hopefully it will make life easier for all concerned.

Hope everyone and their four legged friends are all ok, Griff did you take your chemo yesterday and are you ok? Do hope so.

Have a good day everyone must get Amber out for her walk. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you have a good day Moyra

Good news about Gill being home today and a care package in place Now that SS are on the case perhaps they can push the stair lift problem. It will also hopefully relieve Peter of some of the burden.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Dull, damp and misty here this morning. Done my two morning walks, one with Teazle and then Ollie, neighbour's dog. Everything went well yesterday at the dentist for Barry thank you for your concerns

Have a good day and stay safe.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Morning all!
Dull and foggy here but mild for mid winter - it's 10C/50F.
Just back from our second stroll of the day. Not a lot of people around.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 10:32 AM
great news about Gill!
Not so great about Tony having the lurgy...ewww
I was good and did my chemo...hit me bad yesterday, i felt so sick...never mind, done with until next wednesday.
Sorry not been about much....been so busy, met my cousin tuesday and i thought that would be it, exchange gifts and see each other after new year....nope, the thing she wanted to get me was out of stock so i am now meeting her today, i am also going to get Steves christmas dinner today as i am pretty certain he is going to be at home...basically, me and my cousin are going to raid iceland, shove it in a freezer bag and chuck it at him as he finises work Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Morning all.

Up early this morning and into B'ham city centre by 8am with my sister needed a few shops that are in Town for gifts, Doc Martins, Selfridges, Art shop (forgot name) and popped into MS too. Back at 10.00
. Taking Tia (dog) out then off to the cemetry with Mom to do Nan and Grandads grave along with my Moms aunts too.

Got a bit of shopping to do but nothing major. Also to ring my Dads sister my Aunt Kitty she is 102 see if she needs any shoping dropping in she goes herself normally but had a fall (quite badly bruised) a couple of weeks ago so hey ho. She is a tiny lady about 5ft and never more than 6-7 stone I would say ever. She lives in sheltered housing but very independant.

Have a good day all back shortly.

Sorted my
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Kazz, you are so lovely!!! You are always thinking of others...merry Christmas xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Afternoon everyone thank you for all the lovely thoughts re: Gill not long home from shopping and to a message from Peter she is home but not feeling well.
Not surprised the ambulance journey didn't help I would imagine. Updated Michael and we will send a text tomorrow when she feels better she will be in touch.

griff sorry the chemo hit you bad yesterday hope you're feeling better today.
Enjoy the christmas lunch.
Kazz wow what a good age hope she recovers from her fall quickly. You do so much for others puts me to shame.
Sue what a busy day dog walking and glad Barry's dentist appointment wet smoothly.

Beseoker as Kazz mentioned Gill is my older sister and has been bravely battling ovarian cancer for almost 11 years.
Unfortunately now it is down to her will power how long she can fight as there is nothing medically to be done now.

Having a coffee then hoovering we are not long back from a mad day shopping. Took forever as we had butcher then farm shop then we had breakfast out then poundstretcher, Lidl and finally Tesco. We are pooped a lot to put away but all sorted for christmas and visitors now.
Tomorrow marzipan and ice the cake make mince pies and sausage rolls and wrap a few last presents.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon everyone thank you for all the lovely thoughts re: Gill not long home from shopping and to a message from Peter she is home but not feeling well.
Not surprised the ambulance journey didn't help I would imagine. Updated Michael and we will send a text tomorrow when she feels better she will be in touch.

griff sorry the chemo hit you bad yesterday hope you're feeling better today.
Enjoy the christmas lunch.
Kazz wow what a good age hope she recovers from her fall quickly. You do so much for others puts me to shame.
Sue what a busy day dog walking and glad Barry's dentist appointment wet smoothly.

Beseoker as Kazz mentioned Gill is my older sister and has been bravely battling ovarian cancer for almost 11 years.
Unfortunately now it is down to her will power how long she can fight as there is nothing medically to be done now.

Having a coffee then hoovering we are not long back from a mad day shopping. Took forever as we had butcher then farm shop then we had breakfast out then poundstretcher, Lidl and finally Tesco. We are pooped a lot to put away but all sorted for christmas and visitors now.
Tomorrow marzipan and ice the cake make mince pies and sausage rolls and wrap a few last presents.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Wow Lynn complete for Christmas ....well done.

We have a limit of £20 per person makes you really search or think what you want.

Town this morning, then over to the cemetry then asda and over to Aunt Kittys and home roast pork for dinner started that now.

My borther and nephew have been and fitted the rail great job too.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I'm sorry to hear that I hope, when she comes home, she gets the best care to make her as comfortable as possible and her life as convenient as it can be.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Thank you Beseoker.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >