Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2017, 08:23 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 19th December

Good morning everyone, two days and the days start lengthening again, whowee! Roll on Spring.

I hope everyone is in fine fettle this morning. All our little four legged friends and the not so little of course. I meant to say Besoeker Max looked very festive with his new red lead.

Any movement on the home care set up for Gill yet Lynn? She will not be happy until she is back home again.

Have a good day everyone, griff hope you are ok too, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Glad you eventually got your turkey Moyra.

No news about definite release date yet. Commode being delivered today and they are working on the care package. Gill has now text Peter (Yesterday) asking him to take loads of stuff in as she now thinks she will be in over christmas. We are not thinking that. Then she says she is looking after herself and that she doesn't need palliative care which she already gets.
Either confused or only taking what she wants to hear from conversations.
Peter whining especially as his car is now not working so having to rely on a friend.
He is moaning about chasing people up I told him i know from all the stuff with mum and that it is a full time job.

Will be glad when she is home it is wearin me down phone going every 5 mins for every little thing.
Lovely day out with niece yesterday though not the same without Gill but we had a lovely catch up cleaned the graves and put our christmas bits on then went for chocolate cake and hot chocolate after.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Morning all.

Woke expecting heavy dense fog but nope just a bright blue if cold day.

Got a sainsburys delivery due 3-4 and maybe brother an nephew coming round to fit the handrail for Mom, that goes from back door into garden.

Managed to cut the plants down yesterday but need to go the salvage. And get rid also of the holey wheelbarrow.

But given its a none foggy day; I am making my way over to Auntie Brenda's taking the childrens prezzies; and the dress shoes etc, give it a clean and tidy up and check the layout and if I need another visit to merely clean or a visit to take her for a meal. Got to go otherwise I waste time sitting in traffic on way home B;ham is a devil for traffic 3.30-5.30ish.

Moyra hope you Gammon is nice, I like Gammon with chips and ....emmm..............pinnapple or egg.......choices choices........
Lynn These things are often slow, as you know just when you are in the middles of it it seems like snails pace. Glad the catch up with your niece and then the gravesy visit went well. You can see can't you how much being a carer is so stressful, if you were dealing with this by yourself you could go mad or depressed or both. You need to vent sadly your are the end of the vent.

Griff Hope your Mom is okay, and your new neighbours are okay.

Mandy Join the club snuffles wise but mine moving on.Shame about the meal being rubbish - a bummer - but the company good. Bet it was nice to see Liam and Sarah.......and vice versa.

Beseoker Hope you and festive Max are enjoying your walk new lead in place round your shoulders...LOL

Brenda Missing your posts.............

To everyone have a great day catch you all later.

Anyhow onwards and upwards
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Morning kazz enjoy your day.
I know all this to well after dealing with so much for mum then mum and dad then mum when we lost dad.
I get very fed up with the whining instead of sorting things Peter is well known for moaning and not doing a lot.
This morning the stair lift has come to a halt yet again.
They need a survey done can't be done this week and of course almost christmas so nothing till the new year now. Possibly middle of January for anything to be fitted.
Peter has had 4 months to sort the problem it was known almost immediately
that problems were arising hence the letter from consultant to council.
All left till last minute to start asking questions.

It may sound harsh but I made myself ill and sent my marriage into a downward spiral with sorting all mum's problems over the years I cannot go back down that route with Gill plus mum had only us even though most of it boiled down to me dealing with things.
Gill does have Peter and Neill even though they seem to take forever to deal with problems before they get out of hand.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Kazz and all who follow

Safe journey today Kazz and hope not too much to do once there.

Oh dear Lynn the stairlift is once problem that should really have been sorted a long time go. I agree it is not up to you to do everything when she has her own family to beaver away on her behalf. You are there for them to vent off and help with advice but just remember think of you and Gorden this time you have had your share of the tasks involved with care for your mum, you are not uncaring but have your own problems and worries. Hugs to you.

Hope you enjoy your gammon Moyra. I will be cooking mine at the weekend.

Love the new lead Bessoeker you will look very festive with it round your shoulders

Very frosty this morning and slow to clear - if it does. Have managed to get Barry to walk into the village - his suggestion - me to the library and he to have his hair cut. He is now tidy for Christmas Having a coffee before thinking about lunch.

Hope all are keeping well

Hve a god day and stay safe.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Afternoon all
Just realised that I posted on Sunday post rather than Mondays
Lynn your decorations look lovely, look after yourself, big hugs to you
Sue glad Barry is all tidy now hope you have a good day
Kazz hope the delivery arrives on time also your brother does the handrail for your mum. Also hope you miss the traffic too
Besoeker lovely pic of Max with his new lead
Griff hope your mum is ok
Moyra hope you enjoy the gammon, I love it.
Hope everyone else has a good afternoon

I'm off to get ready for work, I'm there till 8.30. Going a bit earlier cos I'll need to see manager about my sick day on Friday just a formality but have to do it.
See you later folks
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Evening all.
Hope you've all had a good day. Or even better than expected.
Thank you all for your kind comments about the new lead. I think it suits me......

Max went to the groomer today so he is a lovely clean boy, and oh so soft. He just trots in there, jumps up on the grooming table ready to be pampered. Again. Laid back doesn't quite do him justice. Falls asleep when he is being dried. We got very, very lucky with our rescue. Max is Max.

While he is there, we get a few non-doggy things done. Lunch, supermarket.....whatever. Home, drop off shopping, take a leak, and off we go for the retrieval phase.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Must be lovely for him to be so laid back. Wish Amber was like that but she wouldn't have anything to do with being washed or shampooed. She is so anti water. People say to me how clean she is but it is pure by chance that she keeps herself so clean and so white.

The gammon turned out delicious by the way. It is a beautiful joint. I am off to bed so take care everyone, Goodnight, God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Must be lovely for him to be so laid back. Wish Amber was like that but she wouldn't have anything to do with being washed or shampooed. She is so anti water. People say to me how clean she is but it is pure by chance that she keeps herself so clean and so white.

The gammon turned out delicious by the way. It is a beautiful joint. I am off to bed so take care everyone, Goodnight, God bless.
Hi Moyra. Yes, lovely for him and us. The groomer is a big part of that. She just knows him and I think she quite likes him. Best dog she gets she says. And I don't think it is just to please us owners.

I think he and Amber would get along well. Gentle natures.

Gammon joints are here. And turkey. And beef.........
Even a special meal for the hound.

He and I are so lucky to be catered to by such a talented lady chef. He had a two egg omelette for lunch. I had a sandwich from our convenience store..........