Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Mum deffo slipped today she says
I know what you mean Lynn, we had a similar issue with my dads mum...we had to leave her in a hospice for 2weeks waiting for SS to sort stuff out, then we had to offer to pay for oxygen to get her home....never easy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Gorden home he walked in the door and I blurted it all out and broke down.
Thank goodness he is home now. He did say about visiting at the weekend but I feel it will be better to see her when she is home as she may think I have changed my mind and gone to get her.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good Morning all, feet still bad this morning must be the diabetes, at least I can get the new shoes on!

Hope everyone is ok this morning, do take care of yourselves and your four legged friends, God bless.
I'm sorry that you have diabetes and that causes your feet to hurt. My comments about hiking boots were inappropriate and I apologise for that.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Kazz, just noticed you asked about my special shoes. They are from JD Williams item EG364 They are brilliant as they open right out and have two straps that you can adjust across both feet. They are called Cosy feet and certainly are. If only your feet didn't hurt!
Ta...............
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 07:59 PM
My friend in Canada tells me there are special insoles for people with diabetes to help alleviate their feet problems must look them up and see if I can sort them out. Have a good evening all.

Besoeker no worries about your comment about the boots, it was sound advice for those who do a lot of walking. You weren't to know that wasn't the problem in my case. Thank you, give big Max a hug from me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden home he walked in the door and I blurted it all out and broke down.
Thank goodness he is home now. He did say about visiting at the weekend but I feel it will be better to see her when she is home as she may think I have changed my mind and gone to get her.
Lynn could you turn her down face to face I couldn't with my sister. Better to visit when home, poor Peter rock and hard place
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 08:12 PM
I agree with Kazz. You do not need the extra anxst, You are worried enough for her and are limited to what you can do in such circumstances so is poor Peter. There is little any of you can do for her now. My heart bleeds for you all.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2017, 08:28 PM
My friend in Canada tells me there are special insoles for people with diabetes to help alleviate their feet problems must look them up and see if I can sort them out. Have a good evening all.

Besoeker no worries about your comment about the boots, it was sound advice for those who do a lot of walking. You weren't to know that wasn't the problem in my case. Thank you, give big Max a hug from me.
Thank you being so understanding, Moyra.
Consider Max hugged.......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Not really Kazz the journey is a long and horrendous one. Her son and grandson are visiting tomorrow and he will speak with her as he is sorting the care package.
She is home Monday hopefully if not Tuesday. I am doing the graves Monday and not sure what time she will get back.
I will make a day next week when she is home and see her and hopefully she will of settled down by then realising that we are not all colluding against her.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Hi Lynn, terrible position you are in but like everyone above (and like I said a few days back) she IS in the best place right now.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Her son and grandson are visiting tomorrow and he will speak with her as he is sorting the care package.
One thing you can be certain of is that if her son is doing the care package he will have to say where she is when it starts (Hospital) and where she will be when it's implemented. (Her home) Therefore if anything changes regarding addresses that is bound to cause confusion among all the various people involved, and if they get confused it is certain to cause delays which no one wants.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >