Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Gorgeous lovely long-legged dog Besoeker!! x
Thank you kindly, Gnasher.
We got very lucky with our rescue. A gentleman of the first order.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2017, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Thank you kindly, Gnasher.
We got very lucky with our rescue. A gentleman of the first order.
You are very welcome! Our rescue, Ben, was anything but a gentleman when he came to us but he is a star now ... still a git but much less so!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2017, 08:06 AM
I do hope the OP lets us know how he gets on with his little pit ... teaching a dog to Wait for food is one of the easiest and quickest ways to get the full attention of even the most stupidest of dogs, for very obvious reasons, and flowing on from that simple lesson comes respect and the realisation that YOU the human are pack leader (apologies to those who disagree with this phrase!) who call the shots!
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Slajin773 View Post
I was thinking a shock collar not sure, he stiffens up and gets really aggressive he also starts shaking in place when he's resource guarding or getting aggressive I can see him trying to fight off but he can't and I don't know what to do please help....
I wouldn't recommend a shock collar for aggression problems they tend to escalate the aggression. I would definitely take him to see his vet let him know what's going on and find a professional trainer. I would also invest in a wire crate if you don't already have one and a basket muzzle. Train him properly to both.
As others have pointed out you need to establish rules, boundaries, and limitations. NILF is a great suggestion. Keep everything food, and toys put up he only gets it when you feel he's earned it.
You really need to get with vet get a plan and work on this behavior asap if its not medical or genetic related and behavioral which most the time it is and if he's never been abused or neglected he's more then likely asserting dominance pushing his boundaries and if you don't find a way to safely correct this behavior now it's only gonna get worse. Is he neutered just wondering good luck and hope you get help with him.
Unfortunately I know what its like to love a bully with stranger danger human aggression. He was abused and neglected and came to me with a bite history. I know what it's like so I'm here if you need someone to vent to or some advice. I'd also suggest reading Cesar's Way and Leader of the pack by Cesar Milan.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I do hope the OP lets us know how he gets on with his little pit ... teaching a dog to Wait for food is one of the easiest and quickest ways to get the full attention of even the most stupidest of dogs,
Ours just does. Waits. I don't know why.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2