Our sister sites
Our sister sites
StephSB
New Member!
Female 

16-11-2017, 06:21 PM

Little booties

Hello all,
So my puppy will be old enough to come home on the 21st and I want to start right away with training in the house and out of the house. Taking her on walks and getting her use to the temperatures as well as the snow that is going to be here soon. So I am new to owning a puppy and am worried that with her being so young should I get her little booties for her paws? I know with older dogs it is good to use them as well as when it gets extremely cold but with a puppy of about 6 and a half weeks how cold is cold enough to use them or should I just not use booties at all when taking on a walk. I am just worried her paws could get hurt and I wouldn't want that.
Thank you
Chris Kelly
New Member!
Male 

28-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Definitely get a booties! Besides the cold weather, things on the road(salt, glasses and etc) might injure your dog's paw. I'll recommend to get a comfortable type that does not limit your dog's movement.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Six and a half weeks is very young to move to her new home. She will definitely not be old enough to go for walks! See your vet for his vaccination advice, and do not have her on the ground in public areas till this has been completed.
When you are able to exercise your puppy, limit to five minutes for each month of her age. You do not sound as if you have very much experience of owning a puppy. Please buy a good puppy rearing book, and gen up before she arrives.