Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2017, 08:22 PM

Putting ghosts to bed

A little over 10 years ago we brought 2 healthy puppies home, was vetted by Margaret Foster, who at that time was involved in some way with the Northern Inuit Society, she told us all about the dogs, how they had wolf content, I mean why else would they have yellow eyes ? ( erm because they are cross breeds )...we were told the founding dogs came from canada and had wolf content but the breeds weren't actually known, that they put them in a cauldron and mixed with a Husky, and a Malamute, the mix was almost right, but was missing train ability, so the German Shepherd went in....wow we were amazed and fully taken in, how dumb were we, but thats what you do, buyers are naive, why wouldn't we believe the twisted web she wove ?....We were then put onto Doreen Doig, our boys breeder, Silverflow, after visiting Doreen and speaking with her at legnth, we seen pictures of the sire, we said we were concerned because he didn't particularly look Northern Inuitish, she said she had been told he was perfect for Kara, and produced beautiful grey wolf type dogs, Julie Kelham had advised the pairing, we were also told we would get paperwork verifying the breeding was inuit to inuit over a 5 year generation. After bringing the boys home, about 9 months later I started to have alarm bells over questions on health, the pups paper work and the truth about the breeding, I was banned from the N.I society, Julie Kehlam threatened me with sending her husband, was it Ross ? up to us, and was told I had the ugliest Northern Inuits they had ever seen, wonder how that made Doreen feel ?...which brings me to this, I have had Inka DNA tested, he is and I quote 74% collie...20 to 36 % Anatolian Shepherd / Belgian Tervuren....10 to 20 % Border Collie and 5 percent Grey hound....I have a case here of being miss sold 2 dogs, Julie Kehlam if your still around you owe us £1500, and for the lies relating to no health issues within the breed a further £1700, Inka has suffered terrible with a type of Autoimmune disease, but we didnt give up on him !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2017, 10:18 AM
I remember you Inkliveeva - possibly from another dog forum? I am so sorry to hear this - and I am not too surprised. When the split occurred from Eddy Harrison's wolf crosses and the Northern Inuit was borne (to hide the fact that the breed was based on wolf crosses bred by Eddy back in the early to mid '80's, using alaskan malamutes, GSDs and Siberian Huskies, with working collie in a couple of litters at least), it all started to go belly up really. JK went off with her northern inuits, creating a completely different type from the more wolfy dogs that eventually became Utonagans and others which I will not go into now. Due to indiscriminate breeding on all sides, sadly Eddy's dream also went belly up and as a result there are health issues which need to be carefully monitored, and those dogs showing problems not bred from. However, the truth is that people have indiscriminately bred from unhealth-checked dogs to make money, and it is left to the ethical breeders like June Clarke and Karen to try and rectify the situation.

It would seem that you got a raw deal and I am very sorry for you and your dogs. I was lucky in that I bought my boy Hal from Eddy Harrison back in 1995 and he was a stunning dog with an excellent hip score and no health issues. He was used in 2 matings, and threw splendid pups, including my beautiful boy Ben. June's Norties are very closely related to Hal and her old girl Tawney, also bought from Eddy in the early 90's.

What started out as a brilliant concept was compromised by some people's greed ...