Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 06:26 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 31st August

Good morning everyone,

Patio doors open again! I shall just have to put a cardie on if I am cold.

June, I feel so sorry for you as you have got it coming at you from all directions. You shouldn't have to put up with that dog barking consistently like that and him with his Blackpool Illuminations too is just too much. I wonder if that stressing you out is telling Zen you are not happy and that in turn is stressing her!

Griff, I am glad you and Steve are making a go of your friendship but be careful if he is blowing hot and cold.

I hope everyone else is ok. Did you get to try out your new bath Lynn?

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hot here again today. Walked dillon early.
I think you are going to have lock the patio doors and keep the keys under your pillow Moyra.
Hugs June with all that is going on as Moyra says maybe Zen is picking up on it. Remember Dillon when I moved here and my life completely changed and how stressed I was and Dillon was so naughty ? I hope you can sort things soon.
griff glad you enjoyed your lunch out. Hope you haven't eaten all the crips yet.

Tidying today and Mark and Lauren back this evening for a couple of days then are back to Essex for the weekend. Joel may come with them today too.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Its not on that he opens the doors Moyra as said hide the key where you know where it is.

It will be nice to have the family around you for a few days Lynn. Hope your car is soon back with you.

Pleased you had a good meal out Griff just take care.

Poor you June. I am surprised the other neighbours haven't complained about the dog no wonder you are stressed and down.

Lovely here today brilliant sunshine. Teazle walked, washing out and beds changed and in the machine.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2016, 08:59 AM
No demolition this morning thank goodness, and at the moment no dog barking. Either he's not back at work yet or on a late shift. Nothing I can do about most of this, so have to hope someone else complains. Have taken some chicken pieces out of the freezer and will have a bit of a proper training session with Zen. Raining here but not expected to last, will give it another half hour.
Moyra, keys under the pillow tonight I think, and make sure there are no spares to be found either. Sun is moving round now and not so warm in the mornings anymore, although afternoons are still sunny
Lynn not sure if Zen is picking up on anything really. As Nikki pointed out to me yesterday, she isn't chewing, she's DIGGING, a fact which had slipped unnoticed under my radar, as she had been chewing the doors and stripping the wood off the outside. Will check the river levels and see if its safe to get on there with her yet. From the bridge I can't see anything but water, looking for some dry land to appear along the banks. Thing is a lot was washed away over Christmas so very little actually left now. She can dig all she likes if I can get her on there
No bone run yesterday, that's been moved to Thursday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 09:01 AM
morning all
moyra, deffo hide the key
TW, sorry you are feeling so stressed...if you give me his address i will write to him and say the dog is causing a nuisance and needs addressing for the dogs well being and the sanity of all around...i would say i had stayed in the locality and it is doing everyones head in...with a post mark from the midlands you can't be held acountable
Lynn, i agree with you that when things get tough for me this pair play up more which only adds to the problem
Mandy, i hope your vax does o.k, i had one before and it hurt my back so much i never bought another...will see how you go with yours and in future if i need one will consider it
Sue, you have done so much already and i am just sat in front of the tv Lol
i am taking things very careful with Steve...we speak twice a day every day for at least an hour and he is due back at work next week so will most likely only be able to speak to him once a day at most then...unless i see him on the bus, i am just glad that i was able to help him through the difficult time he has had...i didn't do much really, just ring him every day to make sure he was still alive and make sure he spoke to an actual real life person who he knew in real life as oppose to a voice on the play station and just ensured that he knew if he needed anything i was around...quite proud of myself really because once upon a time if i had been treated the way i have been i would have had someone go round and give him a beating Lol instead i have looked at things from his side and realised he was struggling and decided to be nice for a change
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Morning all.

Everyone have a good day
TW I thought she was chewing the kennel. Maybe she is merely trying to get comfy and a bit of for want of a better word a "nest" to relax in, lots of dogs like enclosed spaces. The barking dog I empathise with we have one drives you nutty barking all night for weeks then silence poor blinking animal never gets to go out of the garden. I would bark too.......
Lynn enjoy your family day.
Norma hide the keys for Lords sake woman your son is being remarkably childish but that teenagers for you big body little to no mind at times.He needs to grow up its your house your rules......you can't let yourself be almost walking on eggs in your own home. Thats pretty much bullying.
SueL I do like your dogs name Teazle, just changed the beds here off to do a shop too. Going to go online but thought lets walk round instead.Enjoy your day.
Griff just enjoy yourself sometimes the main thing is just to have a little spice in your life no humdrum......
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No demolition this morning thank goodness, and at the moment no dog barking. Either he's not back at work yet or on a late shift. Nothing I can do about most of this, so have to hope someone else complains. Have taken some chicken pieces out of the freezer and will have a bit of a proper training session with Zen. Raining here but not expected to last, will give it another half hour.
Moyra, keys under the pillow tonight I think, and make sure there are no spares to be found either. Sun is moving round now and not so warm in the mornings anymore, although afternoons are still sunny
Lynn not sure if Zen is picking up on anything really. As Nikki pointed out to me yesterday, she isn't chewing, she's DIGGING, a fact which had slipped unnoticed under my radar, as she had been chewing the doors and stripping the wood off the outside. Will check the river levels and see if its safe to get on there with her yet. From the bridge I can't see anything but water, looking for some dry land to appear along the banks. Thing is a lot was washed away over Christmas so very little actually left now. She can dig all she likes if I can get her on there
No bone run yesterday, that's been moved to Thursday.
Good idea re the river and zen! Get her started by digging in some soft soil with your foot or preferably your hands. Point to the scrape or hole you have made and get her to smiff it! If we wanted hal to dig a hole for ys this is what we would do and say to him in an excited voice ... hal! Whats this!! He would immediately rush over and deeply inhale the aroma from the hole and frantically start his excavation!! Twill be interesting to see is madam does this!! If she doesnt then all i can suggest is that shes a little git who likes to destroy ... or if she cannot get out of the kennel then shes trying to escape
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2016, 12:02 PM
No one is ever shut in anywhere unless there is someone delivering into the yard, like the coalman for instance, or stuff being moved in or out. Rest of the time they can come and go when and where they please.Even if I have shut them in, the top door is always left open and they are at liberty to see whats going on and who's there, usually they get much admired and stroked as well.
Started walks and was on my way back with Zen and the rain started, that very fine rain that soaks you through. Had a lovely little formal training session with her, and she's not forgotten a thing, the chicken helped on the memory side I think Because it was raining hard, the others got a short walk round and back home. Of course the rain has stopped now, and we have blue sky and sunshine aaggghhh!!!
Zens been on the river already, Nikki, and there was a fair bit of hole digging carried out by everyone, its in their blood I think, maybe hire her out to an excavation company perhaps.
Environment Agency vans are here again. Apparently there are 2 people missing, separate cases, but missing in this area somewhere. People in their 50's, police helicopter has been out and about and they are doing door to door with photos. I expect they are searching the river with it being so high recently as it has a very strong current when it gets going. As far as I know nothing has been found up to now at least.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Rather too late to wish you all Good Morning!

Off to training early this morning with their Majesties! Much cooler this morning so instead of training in the field as usual Kinga and I took the doglets for a long walk.

OMG what a trial of fire! Unlike us she lives in a residential area where every property seems to have at least 2 dogs who rush the fence, barking furiously! As you walk down the road the noise they make is horrendous. HRH as is her wont, ignores them all, as she considers herself superior to all them peasants, but the little black devil although he tries hard sometimes can't resist taking up the gauntlet and barking back! Then a man opened his gate and out shot a Cocker Spaniel which headed towards Gwylim, but got called back by his owner just before it reached him. All very exciting!

We then did some recall in the field before heading home only stopping to draw some money from the ATM and do a little shopping.

Just hoping HRH sleeps all night now she's been to training and has had another walk 'cos although she hasn't wet her bed for the past 3 nights, she's woken me up at least twice to be let out! Fingers crossed she's on the mend!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

PS A photo of my two trying to be good!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	14191817_1250076531693150_1496885691_o.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	5206  
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 02:24 PM
June I had heard that they had started searching again for Tyto's breeder who went missing 5 years ago. Wonder if that is part of it. But he was older than the age you mentioned. Very sad that he was never heard from again. Oh well off to walk Tyto, later than usual this afternoon as waited for the Tesco delivery man to come. Have a good rest of day all.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >