Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2015, 01:52 AM

" What the Dog Knows" by Cat Warren

What a terrific book! I usually get my books used and free from our local libraries donation stacks. But this one I bought recently in paperback and it is awesome.

I would recommend it to anyone with one of the working or protection breeds-German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, the bully breeds, Bloodhounds. The author begins training her dog as a hobby and they enter into K9 training.

Part of her specialty becomes locating the missing...alive and dead. Yes her pup Solo is a cadaver dog. So if somewhat disturbing training situations might bother you better to pass, at least while you're eating.

But despite some of the grim nature of the job the author manages to keep a sense of humor about her and Solo's relationship and the world they share together. I definitely recommend it. I can't put it down.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Sounds interesting Amazon UK have it will get it I think

I read a book about teaching dogs to search for victims of drowning which was very good too but can't remember name
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2016, 08:44 PM
I have just started reading this book, so far so good.