View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Sheree, I'd hardly think my personal plate on a Fiat Doblo was flashy. Actually I bought it cos it made me smile. I still grin every time I look at it and that's some 8 years later.
Worth every penny of the £234 I paid for it.
Now the one that cost £12,500 - that might be flashy if you put it on a convertible Merc - you got one of those?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 09:10 PM
We were desperate for K9 WSS but its taken and the price was out of the question (40k I think). We did look at SH04WSS and Ian fancied W55 IJH as well.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
What happens if the personalized plate comes off out of curiosity? do you replace it like any other? probably a stupid question, but after having had two of my back plates being ripped off recently by people who apparently can't drive very well...I am curious!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
They belong to the car hun just like normal plates.
You just take your log book and get another made.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi,

My VRM is : E8URA. when I was looking around first considering my own plate I was looking for D5CAR (Oscar - my Son's name). The idea was to put it on my car until he'd learned to drive then transfer it to a retention certificate ready for when he bought his own car. But it was already taken and the only other matches were too expensive.

I also considered LJM 9316 as it was my initials and police collar number but that also was taken.

I eventually settled on E8URA as it was as close to my name as I could get.
At the moment this is also on a retention certificate as the car it was on originally got written off. I'm just waiting for my new tax disc to come through then will transfer it onto the car I have now.

Laura xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm really finding this thread interesting..I realise that some people aren't interested at all and thats fine, we all have our own opinions on things and we are all entitled to air them

I still think that I am going to go ahead with looking at the plates...maybe I won't convince Clive to buy this one in time as it only has a few more days to go now, but I did see another one E5 ETA which could be E SETA for english setter?? This was a bit dearer at £349 which includes the £80 transfer fee and I don't feel I could justify that at the moment..but who knows, once my house sale money comes through I could even buy that really expensive one that Pat mentioned..that is if I chose not to put it towards Clive and my new house
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post

If I win the lotto Sheree it's yours.
Aww thanks Kel xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 06:35 AM
I still think S55 Set has your name on it Sheree
G'wan , g'wan, you will, you will, you will -as Mrs Doyle (Father Ted) would say
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I still think S55 Set has your name on it Sheree
G'wan , g'wan, you will, you will, you will -as Mrs Doyle (Father Ted) would say
will work on him tonight
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey wait a minute. I never said I was offended by them I just don't like them. It's a personal thing, literally ;o)

You get one if you want Sheree. My Dad and my Step mum both have them. My dad's spells his whole name, but then Beau is easy to do on a plate I guess.
Page 5 of 35 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »