View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
just checked for VMH 1 Vicki, and its gone, but for a mere £5k, if Baz starts saving now, you could have VMH 75
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Are there not new ones coming out later in the year or did I just dream that up?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
just checked for VMH 1 Vicki, and its gone, but for a mere £5k, if Baz starts saving now, you could have VMH 75
I'll be 75 before I save that much!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I treated myself to a personalized number plate the last 4 digits are 1SDS-as in International Sheep Dog Society

I plan on getting another for my 60th birthday next year that also has a connection with "British" BCs just working on what combination of letters/numbers I like-it will go on my current Car & the other one hopefully on my planned other 60th birthday present-a motorhome/camper for dog shows
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Sheree, you could have S377 ERS for a mere £12.5k.. point that one out to Clive and suddenly £150 won't seem too bad
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
your first name won't change Sheree, and that's the first three on my plate.. P4T for Pat
Awww..trust me to have a difficult name..I should have been a Sue or a Val

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I want VMH1

One day..... when I'm rich!
You may well be able to find something similar at a fraction of the price that anything with a number 1 attracts. You could look at plates with VIC or VIK on them..or even BAZ if you're feeling a bit lovey dovey

I just pretended to buy one online and although the plate was £349 the total cost was nearly £600 Came out of that site pretty sharpish I can tell you.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I treated myself to a personalized number plate the last 4 digits are 1SDS-as in International Sheep Dog Society

I plan on getting another for my 60th birthday next year that also has a connection with "British" BCs just working on what combination of letters/numbers I like-it will go on my current Car & the other one hopefully on my planned other 60th birthday present-a motorhome/camper for dog shows
Thats exactly why I want something relevent to my likes..something that will last for years and can be transferred easily enough from car to car.

Sheree, you could have S377 ERS for a mere £12.5k.. point that one out to Clive and suddenly £150 won't seem too bad
Ha ha, that would really put him in a good mood!! He thinks I'm barmy wanting something to do with dogs as it is
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 03:35 PM
I got mine straight from the DVLA lol had the 1st one before I had the first car to wear it !!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 03:52 PM

If I win the lotto Sheree it's yours.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Are there not new ones coming out later in the year or did I just dream that up?
Yes, there are, but most of these are the newer plates. As it is illegal to make your car appear newer than it is, you are not allowed to put a newer plate on an older car.

(not sure I'm explaining myself very well - but say this year's were 09 plates, you could only use it if your car was first registed in 2009 (or afterwards).

So, the older the car you have, the fewer the plates you'll have available to you.
Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »