Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I know several people who do their own hydro, they use a paddling pool, the size depends on the dog. They just walk round the paddling pool with the dog in on a lead and every so often then change direction.
I'd prefer a fully trained and qualified person to be there than just running him round a paddling pool a few times. Wouldn't want to end up doing him more damage than good.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear that you've been having a few post op issues. Hopefully the vet visit has put your mind at ease and he will progress now. xx
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I'd prefer a fully trained and qualified person to be there than just running him round a paddling pool a few times. Wouldn't want to end up doing him more damage than good.
It isn't that difficult to do, the depth of the water has to be deep enough to support the dog but you don't run the dog round, even on a treadmill the dog doesn't run, he walks at their natural walking pace. Walking a dog in water isn't likely to damage them, it will on a treadmill if it was going too fast.

I am not telling you to use a paddling pool, but did think it may be worth looking into as it has worked for other dogs.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 02:24 PM
How is your boy doing now?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2