Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Ohh ta Boobah! I will have to get a shot of him in show pose, but Sid is never blimming well here to get one!!! Will persuade him to get clicking soon!!

I know, but with regards to showing Rotts I am a complete Novice. I don't even know what Marius' faults are! This is why I don't feel able to critique any Rott, I only know my own personal likes and dislikes lol
Anne Marie judges are kinda the same coz what one judge likes is anothers dislike.I'm a novice too only been showing for a few mnths but I know what I like and expect from a Rott.Tiz all about learning from others too, xxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Anne Marie judges are kinda the same coz what one judge likes is anothers dislike.I'm a novice too only been showing for a few mnths but I know what I like and expect from a Rott.Tiz all about learning from others too, xxxxxxxxx
Hey who is giving you info,,,,spill they can help me too!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 02:49 PM
LOL, you are right of course.:smt002

I know bits of the standard by heart. When we went for Marius I knew to look for dark flews, pencil markings on feet, no white bits, stuff like that. I know adult males shouldn't look 'bitchy' and vice versa and what a good topline looks like.

But some bits of it are double-dutch to me. Particularly this part of it....

Body: Chest roomy, broad and deep with well sprung ribs. Depth of brisket will not be more, and not much less than 50 per cent of shoulder height. Back straight, strong and not too long, ratio of shoulder height to length of body should be as 9 is to 10, loins short, strong and deep, flanks not tucked up. Croup of proportionate length, and broad, very slightly sloping.

I wouldn't know what that is to look at!! What is 9 to 10?:smt017 Haven't a clue!!

PS sorry for hijacking the thread
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 02:53 PM

I know bits of the standard by heart. When we went for Marius I knew to look for dark flews, pencil markings on feet, no white bits, stuff like that. I know adult males shouldn't look 'bitchy' and vice versa and what a good topline looks like.

Body: Chest roomy, broad and deep with well sprung ribs. Depth of brisket will not be more, and not much less than 50 per cent of shoulder height. Back straight, strong and not too long, ratio of shoulder height to length of body should be as 9 is to 10, loins short, strong and deep, flanks not tucked up. Croup of proportionate length, and broad, very slightly sloping.

I wouldn't know what that is to look at!! What is 9 to 10?:smt017 Haven't a clue!!

Know exactly what you mean,but boy theres so much you learn all the time.
ps, see you do know what your looking for too and do know a nice Rott when you see one xxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Hey who is giving you info,,,,spill they can help me too!
It's moi,
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
It's moi,

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Nearly choked the now,xxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 03:00 PM

9to 10 is height to length, so say a dog is 9" high,, it would be 10 long or 18" high, would be 20" long. 27" = 30"
to be honest,,,how many judges judge to standard? you have no worries with your lad AM hes looking really good, x
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
9to 10 is height to length, so say a dog is 9" high,, it would be 10 long or 18" high, would be 20" long. 27" = 30"
to be honest,,,how many judges judge to standard? you have no worries with your lad AM hes looking really good, x
Yeh get him on so I can drool,he is gorgeous,:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 xxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2008, 04:04 PM

You have a lovely boy with Marius, please, post more pics, he's a cracker.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 04:04 PM
No good at critique, but I must say that Asta is gorgeous!! She has the most wonderful face
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >