Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2006, 10:45 PM

Where can I get a "ring clip"???

Well I've sent the form off for Isla to be entered into the open show in Newton Aycliffe, so I'm trying to get everything I need arranged early on.

The only thing is I can't find a ring clip anywhere (one of those things you put on your arm that holds you number???).

I've spent ages Googling with no luck! Am I using the wrong term or does anyone know of somewhere I can get one? Or should I just settle for a safety pin!

Cheers! I'd be lost without you lot!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Ebay.. Good Old Ebay..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Ebay.. Good Old Ebay..
I've looked on there and the only ones I can find are from ebay.com and have the dog breed on them.

Am I typing in the wrong keywords?

I just don't want to look to bling for the first show cos we're soooooo not!

Thanks for the reply though
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Google dog show accessories or similar. I got mine from the breed club, so you could try there too.

Undoubtedly when you go to the show in Aycliffe there will be a stand there that sells them too, there usually is at most shows.

Failing that, I always take a couple of safety pins just in case I lose my clip

You can also get a transparent armband that your number ticket slides into and wraps around your upper arm
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Google dog show accessories or similar. I got mine from the breed club, so you could try there too.

Undoubtedly when you go to the show in Aycliffe there will be a stand there that sells them too, there usually is at most shows.

Failing that, I always take a couple of safety pins just in case I lose my clip

You can also get a transparent armband that your number ticket slides into and wraps around your upper arm
Safety pin it is then!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Arm bands over there are generally produced by Pedigree and available from their stand at Champ shows. Maybe someone going to Midland Counties can get one for you if you are not able to go and watch, and post it to you? They are produced by Red Mills in Ireland, again available at champ shows, if you are really stuck I can get you one next Monday when we have our next champ show & mail it over.
Ring clips - try one of the big dog supply companies that you see at the champ shows. I still use Luxway, for example, who have an excellent mail order service but there are many others - if you look out for the big ads in the dog papers you will find a few, give them a ring and see what they can do. They MAY also do arm bands but I have only seen the Pedigree ones.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks Deccy that's a great help. With some help (Thanks Gracelund! ) I've found one on ebay to tide me over, so that's the main thing.

Think I might go to the Manchester Champ show next year so hopefully I'll be able to get one there.

Just out of interest, what would you normally pay for one. The one I've bought is just cheap, so I'm still none the wiser cost wise!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 02:23 PM
The basic ones are around 50p from memory, pay more for something more substantial maybe with a club or breed incorporated into the design. That's another route - your breed club may do them.
Arm bands maybe a little more but I think you look more professional in them (doesn't work for me tho' ) I paid £3 for one, Pedigree at Crufts were I think £1 but don't quote me.
Best to have a spare, too
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
The basic ones are around 50p from memory, pay more for something more substantial maybe with a club or breed incorporated into the design. That's another route - your breed club may do them.
Arm bands maybe a little more but I think you look more professional in them (doesn't work for me tho' ) I paid £3 for one, Pedigree at Crufts were I think £1 but don't quote me.
Best to have a spare, too
Ok thanks for that.

I always like to have a spares too, but tend to forget where I put them so have to buy another one when I loose the original anyway!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Just to add, I just bought 2 spares today at a local show. They are plain, non breed specific, and cost a mere 40p

They were on a stand from a chap that is a rep for Dorwest Herbs and sells their products (the most unlikely place !) so just keep your eyes peeled
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >