Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by Fluffypawz View Post
I'll be going to Crufts for the Siberians this year BluesandTwos, who's your Junior Warrant winner as I assume you'll be taking it? I'd like to see it show. I think they are a lovely breed if somewhat misunderstood at the minute in the UK.
Are they? Have I missed something?

I have to agree that having champs in your lines doesn't guarantee you a cc. Isla's breeders originally bred form Cliffhill and Wardhill lines and have many champs through their lines/pedigrees but have yet to get a cc.

For me I go to have fun and if I win, even better!
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post

Very well said Ripsnoterthe2nd,
go to the shows and just have fun with your dog/s and if you win all the better and if not you both still had a great day out
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Have to say its the same for us we go for the enjoyment and if we win its a bonus. But win or loose as far as we are concerned we still bring home what to us is the best dog/dogs in show. Of course it is nice to win, but not always possible .
Fluffypawz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Are they? Have I missed something?

I have to agree that having champs in your lines doesn't guarantee you a cc. Isla's breeders originally bred form Cliffhill and Wardhill lines and have many champs through their lines/pedigrees but have yet to get a cc.

I agree fully that people need to enjoy and have fun showing their dogs, absolutely!

The problem with the siberians is at present I seem to see that some of the breeders seem to be breeding purely for show now and not producing dualpurpose dogs. I fear that the working attitude is slowly going to be lost.

There are very few kennels now that both work and show their lines successfully and these are becomming fewer. How many kennels can boast top winning dogs with working attitude?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fluffypawz View Post
I agree fully that people need to enjoy and have fun showing their dogs, absolutely!

The problem with the siberians is at present I seem to see that some of the breeders seem to be breeding purely for show now and not producing dualpurpose dogs. I fear that the working attitude is slowly going to be lost.

There are very few kennels now that both work and show their lines successfully and these are becomming fewer. How many kennels can boast top winning dogs with working attitude?
That is a shame, but not surprising? Hopefully it won't go the way some other breeds have and split.

There is a lady at my ringcraft class who does both, so there are still people out there trying to continue the dual purpose lines.
Fluffypawz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bluesandtwos View Post
well trying for my first cc in december, three of mine entered in LKA, fingers crossed
How did you get on? I heard there were alot of absenties.
Any luck with your CC?
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5