View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote For a Vet to "pass" a show dog as"fit for function"they have to have a good knowledge of the breed & access to it's health status-unless of course the Vet is blessed with X ray eyes & the pyschic ability to know the DNA make up of the dog ! Will they have it-Er nope !

I wholeheartedly agree. They are doing this to look as though they are doing something & in a way I don't blame them but it would be much better if they actually tackled HEALTH issues things that affect the dog's life span & wellbeing, rather than mixing in aesthetic things as well Also, at present their are some problems that although they affect health are so complex it is difficult to deal with. I can only speak about the problems I know & hips is one. Because it is partially genetic partially envirenmental & because it often does not show except under xray one works to improve it but at present that is all we can do. Also when discussing it with my vet he said not only was this all so but take two dogs with identical hipstatus & in one it could make them a cripple while the other dog seemed to show no affects from it all their life. What would be better would be to insist all adults who are bred from are xrayed & scored so more work can be done.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8