Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Note words visually show signs. This will mean GSDs who are loose behind, looks ugly but does not affect their health, will be excluded but dogs with severe hip dysplacia will continue to win. This system will do no good until hip certificates have to be presented.
Hip certs? What good will that do? The fact a dog, GSD or any dog that moves badly behind, doesnt have to mean its got HD. What about luxating patella? Cruciate problems? What about dogs that just dont move well behind?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hairless CC's are not truely totally hairless. They have all sorts put on their skin and also are clipped too, sometimes clipper rash and skin infections arise from this. They will be looking for evidence of that.
some are totally hairless! all sorts? Maybe you should care to share what 'all sorts' is?

Never seen a CC have skin infections arise from clipping - that Jemina Harrison has alot to answer for

Their looking for skin rashes/clipper burn - they did crufts last year and have done through out champ shows last year.

I think its a good idea BOB winners will be looked over by a vet.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
some are totally hairless! all sorts? Maybe you should care to share what 'all sorts' is?

Never seen a CC have skin injections arise from clipping - that Jemina Harrison has alot to answer for

Their looking for skin rashes/clipper burn - they did crufts last year and have done through out champ shows last year.

I think its a good idea BOB winners will be looked over by a vet.
I said skin infections not injections. They can and do, as all clipped dogs can, get clipper rash which can result in skin infections, CC's are worse because they are clipped bald where as other breeds are not, therefore exposing the skin follicles directly to the air and possible infection. They have creams, lotions and other things on them, some more serious too, plus as we have heard on here, they get black heads and other skin issues.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Why isn't the CKC on the list?

Nice in theory but I somehow doubt it will do any good
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I said skin infections not injections. They can and do, as all clipped dogs can, get clipper rash which can result in skin infections, CC's are worse because they are clipped bald where as other breeds are not, therefore exposing the skin follicles directly to the air and possible infection. They have creams, lotions and other things on them, some more serious too, plus as we have heard on here, they get black heads and other skin issues.
Yes I miss typed.
I wasnt saying it wasnt possible, just simply I have never seen one - I would like to see poodles, lowchens ect ect ect added to the list mind.. Ours have cream on after a bath - nothing else - keeps their skin smooth and soft, just like us. Black heads are easily cleared and kept away..

Anyways for what its worth I think its good their looking for skin burns, rashes and what ever else they plan to test for.

But like I said Jemina has alot to answer for no one would even question this if it wasnt for little miss know it all.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
right not against them checking cresteds, they wont find anything wrong with mine, however here is the point that gets me:

all the other breeds are on there because of health issues. looking for a shaving rash etc on a crested is not a health issue that would be passed on through bad breeding, but because someone cant do a decent job with clippers. thats what i dont understand. and DD youre right. its all down to bl**dy jemima harrison!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
right not against them checking cresteds, they wont find anything wrong with mine, however here is the point that gets me:

all the other breeds are on there because of health issues. looking for a shaving rash etc on a crested is not a health issue that would be passed on through bad breeding, but because someone cant do a decent job with clippers. thats what i dont understand. and DD youre right. its all down to bl**dy jemima harrison!
But it would cause pain I would have thought, also I think its more to do with the welfare of the animals.

Shame Daph didnt qualify as I bet you more puffs get placed higher this year.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
But it would cause pain I would have thought, also I think its more to do with the welfare of the animals.

Shame Daph didnt qualify as I bet you more puffs get placed higher this year.
yeah DD cheers for that just rub it in that i didnt qualify

yeah i suppose so, ive clipped asbo twice since ive had him, and he has had no rashes. so all is good
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes I miss typed.
I wasnt saying it wasnt possible, just simply I have never seen one - I would like to see poodles, lowchens ect ect ect added to the list mind.. Ours have cream on after a bath - nothing else - keeps their skin smooth and soft, just like us. Black heads are easily cleared and kept away..

Anyways for what its worth I think its good their looking for skin burns, rashes and what ever else they plan to test for.

But like I said Jemina has alot to answer for no one would even question this if it wasnt for little miss know it all.
What would they be looking for in poodles? (apart from hairspray but that's not really a secret that we use it in poodles..!)

I do think for continetal some are shaved far too close. I've saw people I know dogs have razor rash from being done that close.. Also a rumour that wouldn't suprise me if it's true that someone has put theirs on a sun bed to get such good pigmentation.

Hopefully it will go out to all breeds and maybe even one day open shows? Some face judging here means there is a few dogs that often win but their back ends are awful when moving.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
What would they be looking for in poodles? (apart from hairspray but that's not really a secret that we use it in poodles..!)

I've saw people I know dogs have razor rash from being done that close..
You answered your own question - If one breed that can be shaved is on breed watch for shaving rash, ALL breeds that can be shaved should be to.

and its NEVER been a secret what is done to 'some' CCs - Just most people didnt care/wasnt interest until little miss know it all popped up
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »