Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 03:59 PM

Weimaraner Bitch

Weimaraner Breed Standard

11-May-06

© The Kennel Club - Unauthorised Reproduction of Text and Images Prohibited

The Kennel Club Picture Library - © David Dalton
General AppearanceMedium-sized, grey with light eyes. Presents a picture of power, stamina and balance.
CharacteristicsHunting ability of paramount concern.
TemperamentFearless, friendly, protective, obedient and alert.
Head and SkullModerately long, aristocratic; moderate stop, slight median line extending back over forehead. Rather prominent occipital bone. Measurement from top of nose to stop equal to measurement from stop to occipital prominence. Flews moderately deep, enclosing powerful jaw. Foreface straight, and delicate at the nostrils. Skin tightly drawn. Nose grey.
EyesMedium-sized, round. Shades of amber or blue-grey. Placed far enough apart to indicate good disposition, not too protruding or deeply set. Expression keen, kind and intelligent.
EarsLong, lobular, slightly folded, set high. When drawn alongside jaw, should end approximately 2.5 cms (1 in) from point of nose.
MouthJaws strong with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Lips and gums of pinkish, flesh colour. Complete dentition highly desirable.
NeckClean-cut and moderately long.
ForequartersForelegs straight and strong. Measurement from elbow to ground equal to distance from elbow to top of withers.
BodyLength of body from highest point of withers to root of tail should equal the measurement from the highest point of withers to ground. Topline level, with slightly sloping croup. Chest well developed, deep. Shoulders well laid. Ribs well sprung, ribcage extending well back. Abdomen firmly held, moderately tucked-up flank. Brisket should drop to elbow.
HindquartersModerately angulated, with well turned stifle. Hocks well let down, turned neither in nor out. Musculation well developed.
FeetFirm, compact. Toes well arched, pads close, thick. Nails short, grey or amber in colour. Dew claws customarily removed.
Tail
Previously customarily docked.
Docked: Customarily docked so that remaining tail covers scrotum in dogs and vulva in bitches. Thickness of tail in proportion to body. Should be carried in a manner expressing confidence and sound temperament. In long-haired, tip of tail may be removed.
Undocked: Moderately set, thickness in proportion to body. Reaching down to hocks and tapering towards the tip. Carried below level of back when relaxed; may be raised when animated. Not curled over back. Good hair cover.
Gait/MovementEffortless, ground covering, indicating smooth co-ordination. Seen from rear, hind feet parallel to front feet. Seen from side, topline remains strong and level.
CoatShort, smooth and sleek. In long-haired variety, coat from 2.5-5 cms (1-2 ins) long on body, somewhat longer on neck, chest and belly. Tail and back of limbs, feathered.
ColourPreferably silver grey, shades of mouse or roe grey permissible; blending to lighter shade on head and ears. Dark eel stripe frequently occurs along back. Whole coat gives an appearance of metallic sheen. Small white mark permissible on chest. White spots resulting from injuries not penalised.
SizeHeight at withers: dogs: 61-69 cms (24-27 ins); bitches: 56-64 cms (22-25 ins).
FaultsAny departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
NoteMale animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

Last Updated - September 2007

Here's my girl, about 18 months in the first pic, 12 months in the last pic and 2 years in the others. Sorry no pics on the move, we tried but my dad is not so good with the camera!

I know what her faults are so don't be afraid to mention them too. :smt002
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Well in my eyes shes perfect Kel
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Awwww me too,xxxxxxxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
Well in my eyes shes perfect Kel
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwww me too,xxxxxxxxxx
Thanx guys, she's my little star. x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok I'm gonna have a go, but just remember I know nothing and have only been showing for a year, so don't listen to a word I say!

Personally I really like! Forelegs correct length to elbow as elbow is to withers. Body length also appears to be in proportion with regards to height. Nice eye colour and lovely coat. Head appears to be in proportion although I can't see the occtipal bone which the standard asks to be "rather prominent". Could be the photo though?! Also think the ears need to be a tad longer perhaps?

Brisket appears to drop to elbow and she's nicely tucked up, but not overdone.

Hindlegs I think could do with a tad more angulation, rear feet are lovely and well arched, front feet could be better though. Rear pasterns appear to be a bit longer than what the standard asks for, but all in all, fab!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
OK , here goes, (don't shoot me)

Lovely girl, stands well , feet, nice tight back feet, front feet a little loose. slightly to long from hock to paston, needs a little more , substance to Chest , nice eyes, maybe a little more length to ears... looking at the front shot of her head, not quiet the prominent occipital bone, but lovely expression .

Over all , I think she is stunning,
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Terrible specimen! Best posted to ME first thing in the morning!

Ok, seriously.
Overall a nicely balanced bitch with pleasing proportions. Lovely body, correct topline demonstrating the desired fall at the croup. Good hind angulation, but would prefer better front angulation, slightly upright in shoulder, especially in the second pic. Elbows seem a bit detached from the chest when standing, may implicate wide front movement. Appears a little weak in pasterns in the first pic, but not in the others, so I would tend to say its the pic not the dog!

I like her head very much, correct eye shape and good median line, many do not have this now giving a course ugly head, this bitch is femine, yet shows strength. Going on the first pic and the head pic, I reckon if showed, would do ok!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys! I agree on most things so far, her occiput is not really as bad as the pics make out as it's more prominant when her ears are down but still could be better than it is. She's about a centimeter short in the ears if that. Rear pasterns are a little longer than they should be. Her rear angulation I don't think is too bad, she is rather stretched out in the pics (which is my fault, I do have a tendancy to do that) which doesn't help and looks worse in pics 2 and 3 because they are at a bit of an odd angle.

Here she is at about 8 months for comparison, stood like a clown I know!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

Ok, seriously.
Overall a nicely balanced bitch with pleasing proportions. Lovely body, correct topline demonstrating the desired fall at the croup. Good hind angulation, but would prefer better front angulation, slightly upright in shoulder, especially in the second pic. Elbows seem a bit detached from the chest when standing, may implicate wide front movement. Appears a little weak in pasterns in the first pic, but not in the others, so I would tend to say its the pic not the dog!

I like her head very much, correct eye shape and good median line, many do not have this now giving a course ugly head, this bitch is femine, yet shows strength. Going on the first pic and the head pic, I reckon if showed, would do ok!
Thank you Dawn! That first pic does make her pasterns look terrible! But then I have this one also, taken on the same day!

She is a little upright in the shoulder I agree there. Will have to try getting some of her moving one time, or maybe a video.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

Ok, seriously.

Just spent 15 min chopping from maddys photos, to the BS and back and forth,, now I felt the elbows were {a tad out} and she lacked a tad depth of chest, but had no idea how to word it so thank god you did this one, so my view is all of the above,, but as she is young in the photo I wouldnt hold any of the above against her things normaly do change untill they are a tad older, x

I love maddys head and expression, she is just so sweet, I thought her neck and ears were good too, have you any plans to show her again kel,,,,mabey its worth a go eh?

I had no idea how hard it would be to look at another breed and give views,, gawd its not easy eh,, who would be a judge! not me thats for sure, xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >