Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 04:19 PM

I Am So Angry.

my son has come home from school his re teacher has threatened him with detention if a piece of home work is not given in at the next lesson.
it is not due till thursday and he has wrote it in his planner last week.
so i am gonna have words tom at parents eve.
we have had issues with this teacher since he started in y7 and usually about unfair punishments that he has tried to get him to serve,we had dealth with it all with the yr manager at the time.
under the education act it states if a parents say's the kids are not to be kept behind after school the school has no choice but accept it.
we did this at the time and he is trying to keep him behind till 3;30 i will not have my son walking home by himself past the park at night. Because it suits him,we said breaks or dinner if needed.
i have phoned the school up as i'm so made and told them i am withdrawing louis from r.e altogether.
i know he can drop it in y9 but he is not being subjected to this idot for another lesson.
sorry to rant but he is meant to be calling me in the morning.....can't wait.
if not i will have him at school tom night once and for all its gonna end!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Why has he threatened him when the work isn't due in for another couple of days?

What is it about RE teachers? Mine was a prat at school too!

Hope you get this sorted, good luck.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 04:35 PM
oh i'll sort it alright.
he ain't going to any more of his lessons even if i have to take him out of school.
the kids have enough pressures on them without the teachers.
to be honest because i have stood up to him before i think he does it to score points if you like.
no other teachers have problems with his homework so why does he?
it's gonna end cause he is not going...i am gonna give him the piece of hw tom before its due in by hand from me.
if he's not careful it will be down his throat............i need to chill.
but this has been going on for over 1 yr on and off.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Ooooooh leo I can hear the anger in your voice-or should that be see it in your post?

I can't unerstand why he is asking for the work if it isn't due in. Have you spoken to the head?

I know you are spitting venom, but try to keep calm - be determined and assertive and you will win the day. I think even when you sort this episode out that you need to sort it out once and for all.
xxx
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 04:43 PM
I remember clashing with one particular teacher myself, in primary school and it was awful. It's so unfortunate because for every bad teacher I had several brilliant ones who really inspired me. You would think teachers should act professional at all times and keep their opinions about a child whether they like them or disike them to themself. I believe the majority of teaches out there do, but I guess they are only human and you will allways get the odd one. such as life................

I hope it gets sorted out. It's probably best to discuss it tomorrow when everyone is calmer. Good luck.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 04:47 PM
when i called i asked for the head they said they had left.at 4 i don't think so.
he put it in his planner last week on thursday as setting the hw task for this week but also put if it isn't done then he staying behind till 3;30.
so we shall see about that.
so he threatened the detention on him the day the work was set......gr
i know it just we thought we had made it clear and everything was sorted regarding r.e then he pops up again.
well this time its gonna end because last time in march last yr it made my son ill with worry and not want to go. i'm not allowing it to happen again he never goes to the gp but he was there 3 times in the week at that point,he had me worried.

this is what we said they clash and as the teacher he should know/act better but because i stood up for him at the time the clash is more with me.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by jake
I believe the majority of teaches out there do, but I guess they are only human and you will allways get the odd one. such as life................

I

I hope so, and I am sure our very own Dibley is a point in case. However, two teachers I know leave me unimpressed, in different ways.

One is someone who got a degree in leisure in his late 40's and went on to teach subjects such as maths and I know for a fact, he has a rather know-it-all approach to everything, especially kids, and enjoys getting one over on them.

Another got a degree in Art and went on to become the science coordinator at the school - unfortunately the syllabus for the age group was lacking and she was teaching them sub-standard science and everything she taught was reviewed by her boyfriend at the time, as she knew nothing about science. I may sound a bit harsh but as a scientist I found that really annoying.

I am sure there are really dedicated teachers out there - I honestly would do my best to be one if I were to teach,and I know it is a vocation - but I fear the politics have lot to do with teaching issues.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 05:00 PM
thats it i know there are great teachers both of mind have some don't get me wrong i have no complaints about any of his others expect this 1.
he has it in for him since he started the school and its still going on, so its time it came to a end if we can't sort it out which i tried to do before and keep him in the subject,then hes better of out of it.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 05:10 PM
At my daughters school RE is compulsory up until year 11 they DO have the choice of doing a long course or short course however.

Re the teacher, teachers today have very few methods of punishing children, some of whom deserve it. If they can't keep a child in for detention what else can they do? (nothing to do with your child as I dont know the situation from both sides )
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 05:12 PM
This doesnt make sense at all.The homework thing sounds very odd indeed.But you are perfectly within your rights to specify dinner time dts instead of after school ones.A bit of advice though, try and stay quite calm if and when you speak to his teacher, until you are sure you have all the facts right.
It's amazing how things can get twisted sometimes!!
Good luck!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >